Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
On the face of it, Collingwood would be mad to trade him.
He’s one of the best accumulators in the game and losing him would weaken the side who is looking to contend next year.

However, if they are indeed having salary cap issues and need to find space for DeGoey and Grundy, they should be the priority.

If Mason Cox is indeed on as much as being speculated, it’s a real worry what they are paying their peripheral talent and that’s where they need to start culling.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Treloar is a great player no doubt, but Collingwood would be mad not to take that deal if offered. Needs cap space and can draft Rowell who is a younger version of Treloar and could possibly be even better in 4 or 5 years time.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Every year, some kid gets picked first. Usually turn out to be good, although rarely are they even arguably the best player in that given draft. It's still a gamble, no matter how promising and accomplished they are at underage level. As far as I know, no single player has ever been traded for pick 1. Croad and McPharlin got packaged together.

There are many players in the comp that I'd trade pick 1 for. Gold coast would do pick 1 for Treloar in a flash. Their first marque signing since Ablett.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
I'd be all for this if it happened.

Firstly it'd free up about 700k or whatever Treloar is on, making it easier to hold onto JDG, Moore and Grundy.

Rowell probably plays a contributing role next year and soon enough becomes a better player than Treloar, and lot only that is around until 2030+.

I've got no doubt his NAB league numbers of 40+ and goals will transfer into the AFL eventually. And big game players in these types of comps also seem to transfer across.

This week he has been at the Sunshine Coast and now Noosa. Just go a bit further south, Adam. And your girlfriend isn't playing netball next season, so... may as well raise your kid on the Coast 😂
Gees you guys have forgotton josh fraser. Was just assumed he would be a superstar and dominate the comp. most highly rated 1st draft pick of all time. Ended up just being a good player.

Back