Pick 1 for Adam Treloar?

Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Aside from the fact that Treloar would never agree, we still over rate draft picks somewhat, even if it is pick 1.

Here are the picks 1's from 1986 - 2014 (recent years too early to tell or compare with Treloar properly). Bolded are who I would definitely want over Treloar...

Leslie, Lounder, McDonald, Banik, Hooper, Hutton, Banfield, Gaspar, White, Waterhouse, Gardiner, Johnstone, Headland, Fraser, Riewoldt, Hodge, Goddard, Cooney, Deledio, Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Watts, Scully, Swallow, Patton, Whitfield, Boyd, McCartin.

That's 3 number 1 picks (out of 29!) I've picked ahead of Treloar with Deledio and Goddard in the mix too. Even if it 5 or 6 out of 29, that's still less 20% chance of getting somwone better than Treloar.

Not as obvious as it seems.

Across entire body of work, I would definitely take Goddard, Cooney, Lids, Murph & Gibbs over Treloar

These five number 1 picks all have something in common - elite by foot

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Everton FC, SSC Napoli
Why are some Richmond fans still so obsessed with Treloar?

Won 2 of the last 3 premierships and still this insecure...

He is a very good player and is just entering his prime now, makes no sense for Collingwood to do the trade even if he entertained it.
Most likely just as salty as the Hawks & Pies fans for missing out on Tom Lynch.
Atleast Lynch didn't throw a cheap shot at both of your lists. Oh well a lot happens in 4 years.
2 premierships & a minor premiership v doughnuts 🤣

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Most likely just as salty as the Hawks & Pies fans for missing out on Tom Lynch.
Atleast Lynch didn't throw a cheap shot at both of your lists. Oh well a lot happens in 4 years.
2 premierships & a minor premiership v doughnuts 🤣
Could you be any more precious, he gave his reason for moving to Collingwood. Nobody thought the Tigers were going to be this good.

The constant ragging on a guy who has been very open about the fact he struggles with mental health is just sad.

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Everton FC, SSC Napoli
Could you be any more precious, he gave his reason for moving to Collingwood. Nobody thought the Tigers were going to be this good.

The constant ragging on a guy who has been very open about the fact he struggles with mental health is just sad.
My post has nothing to do with his mental health situation so why the hell would you even mention that it's not like I have sledged him from over the fence. I'm just giving you my point about hypocrite fans being just as jealous over Lynch when he chose Richmond over both of your mobs.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
My post has nothing to do with his mental health situation so why the hell would you even mention that it's not like I have sledged him from over the fence. I'm just giving you my point about hypocrite fans being just as jealous over Lynch when he chose Richmond of both of your mobs.
No my initial post was about the constant bagging of him, which you replied to was...

Also i think the majority of Hawk fans are over the Lynch thing. Happy to have a developing Mitch Lewis and i for one was actually happy to see Lynch get a flag after playing in a struggling team for years.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm no fan of Trelol and think he is a downhill skier, but he is a known known, where as any draft pick is a lottery, even the high picks. I'd be refusing it if I was the Pies.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Aside from the fact that Treloar would never agree, we still over rate draft picks somewhat, even if it is pick 1.

Here are the picks 1's from 1986 - 2014 (recent years too early to tell or compare with Treloar properly). Bolded are who I would definitely want over Treloar...

Leslie, Lounder, McDonald, Banik, Hooper, Hutton, Banfield, Gaspar, White, Waterhouse, Gardiner, Johnstone, Headland, Fraser, Riewoldt, Hodge, Goddard, Cooney, Deledio, Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Watts, Scully, Swallow, Patton, Whitfield, Boyd, McCartin.

That's 3 number 1 picks (out of 29!) I've picked ahead of Treloar with Deledio and Goddard in the mix too. Even if it 5 or 6 out of 29, that's still less 20% chance of getting somwone better than Treloar.

please don't use this much logic and reason in 1 post, it can be difficult for some posters to comprehend

QueenslanderTiger

Naughty boy
Aug 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Being completely honest we really can't judge Treloar until Collingwood have a proper season without debilitating injuries.

He didn't do himself any favors by mentioning club lists when he signed for Collingwood though, hence he gets stick from Richmond fans.

It all seems rather petty though if you ask me. I rate the bloke, and hope he can find form especially if he has been dealing with mental health issues.

Good luck Treloar, just not at our expense!

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
I'm no fan of Trelol and think he is a downhill skier, but he is a known known, where as any draft pick is a lottery, even the high picks. I'd be refusing it if I was the Pies.
Treloar is not a downhill skier. Whenever the side is out of form, he’s working his backside off every minute of the game to win the footy or wrestle it off the opposition,

I have no idea why people attempt to comment on players they clearly don’t pay much attention to, which is most of the people in this thread.

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs

I appreciate your post.

But as a side point I can't believe that you would take Treloar ahead of Goddard that's crazy. Not to mention, Murhpy, Deledio, Cooney pre-injury and a few others are line ball as well.

Also, the draft before 200 was an unprofessional joke, shouldn't be counted in the sample.

Anyway, your point still stands, a lot of ordinary pick 1s

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Treloar is not a downhill skier. Whenever the side is out of form, he’s working his backside off every minute of the game to win the footy or wrestle it off the opposition,

I have no idea why people attempt to comment on players they clearly don’t pay much attention to, which is most of the people in this thread.
Runs around getting cheap disposals... but I’d still take him over a high draft pick. Possibly just needs to be in a side closer to a premiership to really shine.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
pick 1 for an absolute stat padding turn over merchant lol
Harsh, but fair.

Copeland Trophy
1. Brodie Grundy ___174 votes, 511 disposals
2. Scott Pendlebury _158 votes, 655 disposals
3. Jack Crisp ______.147 votes, 614 disposals
4. Adam Treloar __.141 votes, 789 disposals
5. Brayden Maynard .124 votes, 454 disposals
6. Steele Sidebottom 118 votes, 592 disposals
7. Tom Phillips _____116 votes, 572 disposals
8. Jeremy Howe ____115 votes, 364 disposals
9. Brody Mihocek ___106 votes, 315 disposals
10. Jordan Roughead 105 votes, 283 disposals

Imagine winning a flag.

Hopefully I’ll see one, one day. It’s tough been 8 years old posting on BigFooty having not seen one.

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
Is there any proof of discussions taking place? Or is this just another made up story to get more click baits.

I must be old school but all this media attention (largely the media creating trade scenarios to increase click bait) is driving me mad. Trying to switch off until the last couple of days when there may be some concrete news.

Back