Opinion Pick 1... is Cam Rayner

So who do we take at Pick 1?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem with that 1 is that he should have been in re-hab before he come here.
He basically suggested that it was Brisbane that put him in re-hab. (In a joking way, but!)
The fact that he had problems is why Carlton wanted him gone.
Minefield debate !

Fevola knew he'd get a few laughs from the rehab joke I was one who did not laugh

It sounds to me that at the time, the brains trust at the club saw a player like Fevola and hoped that just getting out of Melbourne would have been enough to help him. They were vastly unprepared or at least ignorant of the reality.

Can't see how it reflects poorly at all. Kid moves from Melbourne to Brisbane, and they ask what it's like, moving so far. Big deal. You might just be looking for reasons to be offended.

Just an aside, but it's funny that in the process of being precious about focus being on our location and defending us as being part of a "national competition", you've labelled us an "interstate" side, a term that perpetuates the perception that non-Vic clubs are outsiders.

Personally I think they labored the two houses in two months bit. Not certain that’s such a great idea either myself.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder if there are fev like time bombs festering within the ranks of afl players.

Surely clubs are now better resourced to assist with players personal development and making them accountable for their actions.

Although the recent carnage of Colin Sylvia suggests there is a way to go yet.

Despite their physical gifts, AFL players are representative of society in general. I expect you’ll find all types.

They’re just under the spotlight more often, and often live more publicised lives.

I wonder if there are fev like time bombs festering within the ranks of afl players.

Surely clubs are now better resourced to assist with players personal development and making them accountable for their actions.

Although the recent carnage of Colin Sylvia suggests there is a way to go yet.
There is one that comes to mind at Essendon, actually more than one

I dont know why people are so offended, he was given a real media experience and was unreal, he got a 10/10!

We are the worst team in the comp and moving out of home to another city is a genuinely interesting line of questioning, its always going to be delivered in a sharp manner on the Footy show. We need to embrace who we are. He did. I think Sam asked what most viewers were thinking.

It was so plain to see the mum was devestated on draft night, im glad she confirmed it, still a little unnerving that sentimemt is there - but we will just go with it. Haha.. he has a 4-5 contracts to re-sign with us over the journey. Thrilled he signed early for his first extention.

Love that the grandpa took the Lions hat off, thats how I was raised, NEVER wear another teams colours under any circumstances, he has grown up around football loyalty, hopefully it rubs off on him - seems like it has.
I wasnt having a crack at the footy show for the questions. I loved the answers that cam and his family gave and how impressive they all came across. I thought the whole thing was funny how they all handled themselves. Just posted the conversations they had.

It sounds to me that at the time, the brains trust at the club saw a player like Fevola and hoped that just getting out of Melbourne would have been enough to help him. They were vastly unprepared or at least ignorant of the reality.
The Brisbane Lions through a life line for a second or third chance for Fevola and he basically pissed it up the wall and threw it back in Brisbanes face.

The Brisbane Lions through a life line for a second or third chance for Fevola and he basically pissed it up the wall and threw it back in Brisbanes face.

Played a few good games but let the club and his family down big time. Ended up in the New Farm Clinic for a fair chunk of time. Gambling and alcohol are evil in the hands of some people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Addiction is a disease can’t really blame the bloke. Glad to see he’s got his life on track
Probably more illness than a disease but your point is a good one. So important they have sound people around them too - not sure either Fev or Cousins did when it really counted. Of course it's one thing to receive advice and another thing to accept it.

Back