• Horne-Francis

Votes: 227 92.7%
  • Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Think it’s only a possibility if we rate Finn& Jason as line ball.

I just go back to Clayton “you can’t have too many inside/outside “ players. If he’s legit that good, can we pick a flanker/outside player ahead of him. Doesn’t seem possible.

We’re in the embryonic stages of a rebuild. This kids attributes seem too good to pass up.

Yep still very hard to tell. Championships should definitely tell us a bit more. Horne has shown glimpses of his ability at sanfl level with a few solid games. However, he’s also put up pretty crappy numbers for the most part. I’m not sold personally until we see some Horne exposure in the champs, playing at the same level as the rest.

I just go back to Clayton “you can’t have too many inside/outside “ players. If he’s legit that good, can we pick a flanker/outside player ahead of him. Doesn’t seem possible.

We’re in the embryonic stages of a rebuild. This kids attributes seem too good to pass up.

I agree as it currently sits they couldn’t have Callaghan as a 50/50 with JHF. However, the championships could tighten that gap potentially.

I’m not pro option 2, I just think it’s great to have the options and the power.

I agree as it currently sits they couldn’t have Callaghan as a 50/50 with JHF. However, the championships could tighten that gap potentially.

I’m not pro option 2, I just think it’s great to have the options and the power.
Could be wrong but i dont think the Champs will have to much of a bearing on the first 4 or 5 picks more so later 1st round picks and mid teer pick more likely but Souup would be the guy to ask if i was right or wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Option 1 - Take Horne-Francis
Option 2 - Trade Pick 1 to Adelaide for Pick 2 and an additional Pick. Take Callaghan.

No chance we hold Pick 1 & not take Horne. That would be poor business.
That would be the only realistic alternative as long as the 'additional pick' was their first in 2022 and we viewed Callaghan as effectively equal to Horne.

Alot to play out...and plenty of BF pages to be filled on this topic....but the overwhelming favourite will be that we take Horne at 1.

btw - Adelaide could beat us next week therefore not be getting pick 2.

Last edited:
Tell ya mates at Princes Park we have a slightly used wingman ready to go.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
That’s if ikon is still standing, a few weeks ago someone vandalised it and after their performance I think they might have burned it down

Only question to ask is what number Horne will play in next year.
Options are probably 6,14,18

Take him at #1 no f/s bidding, you're the unequivocal choice mate so here's the $10k and the #18

Now go run around with #29 Phillips and your new mates for a decade or two

That would be the only realistic alternative as long as the 'additional pick' was their first in 2022 and we viewed Callaghan as effectively equal to Horne.

Alot to play out...and plenty of BF pages to be filled on this topic....but the overwhelming favourite will be that we take Horne at 1.

btw - Adelaide could beat us next week therefore not be getting pick 2.

That's an important detail. We must win at all costs next week.

Yep. Hard to see a team in their position pissing away multiple top end picks on one player.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
True - the only difference here is that the Crows have publicly stated they want to rebuild through local talent where they can.

Back to back pick 1's on Thilthorpe and Horne would be attractive to them from a marketing/feel good perspective - but yes it would be a bad move for them so this is unlikely to go anywhere other than BF pages.

Back