• Horne-Francis

Votes: 227 92.7%
  • Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

so south adelaide are into a prelim now next week?
Yep play last years premiers Glenelg which includes lachie hosie and Sam Durdin also leading goal kicker Liam McBean

the winner of that game to play Woodville in the grand final whohave the Menzel brothers and Tyson Stengle

This clipping is from the September 19 issue of The Herald Sun Digital Edition. To subscribe, visit https://www.heraldsun.com.au/.

Horne-Francis is ‘ready’
Herald Sun - Sunday, 19 Sep 2021 - Page 77

JASON Horne-Francis’ SANFL coach says he is perfectly placed to make a round 1 impact for North Melbourne next year given a two-year apprenticeship in senior football.

South Adelaide coach Jarrad Wright says whoever secures Horne-Francis will find a born competitor who will be no flight risk given his loyal nature.

Horne-Francis has been named on a wing for South Adelaide in the SANFL semi-final against Norwood on Saturday.

Just as the Roos got a super first season out of SANFL player Tom Powell they can count on Horne-Francis , when Victorian kids have played so little football in the past two seasons.

“Jason is a super kid. He goes about his business quietly and he’s a really humble kid, but he has a thirst for learning and his biggest attribute is his competitiveness ,” Wright said. “I have never seen an 18-year-old kid with such competitiveness to just play well week to week.

“He contests the ball, he hunts, he pressures and tackles, and I am confident he could make an impact early on. He’s been playing pretty good SANFL footy for two years and not many kids in Australia have been able to do that.

“He was really disappointed with a national game in WA as the captain and the way he attacked the next week’s training he had fire in his eyes.

“Wherever he goes will be his home.”

Copyright © 2021 News Pty Limited

1632002218096.png

Sent from my iPad

This clipping is from the September 19 issue of The Herald Sun Digital Edition. To subscribe, visit https://www.heraldsun.com.

Wherever he goes will be his home.”

Sent from my iPad
The feedback over the past few months sounds like he thrives off being the underdog and he’s loyal AF.

NMFC couldn’t be a more perfect fit..

Last edited:
This clipping is from the September 19 issue of The Herald Sun Digital Edition. To subscribe, visit https://www.heraldsun.com.au/.

Horne-Francis is ‘ready’
Herald Sun - Sunday, 19 Sep 2021 - Page 77

JASON Horne-Francis’ SANFL coach says he is perfectly placed to make a round 1 impact for North Melbourne next year given a two-year apprenticeship in senior football.

South Adelaide coach Jarrad Wright says whoever secures Horne-Francis will find a born competitor who will be no flight risk given his loyal nature.

Horne-Francis has been named on a wing for South Adelaide in the SANFL semi-final against Norwood on Saturday.

Just as the Roos got a super first season out of SANFL player Tom Powell they can count on Horne-Francis , when Victorian kids have played so little football in the past two seasons.

“Jason is a super kid. He goes about his business quietly and he’s a really humble kid, but he has a thirst for learning and his biggest attribute is his competitiveness ,” Wright said. “I have never seen an 18-year-old kid with such competitiveness to just play well week to week.

“He contests the ball, he hunts, he pressures and tackles, and I am confident he could make an impact early on. He’s been playing pretty good SANFL footy for two years and not many kids in Australia have been able to do that.

“He was really disappointed with a national game in WA as the captain and the way he attacked the next week’s training he had fire in his eyes.

“Wherever he goes will be his home.”

Copyright © 2021 News Pty Limited

View attachment 1239625

Sent from my iPad
That's a fantastic rap. Come on down.

The other thing to remember is that he’s been playing with ex-AFL players in the SANFL for two years now so you would think Bryce Gibbs would’ve given him a heap of advice on the AFL machine and Skinner has probably given him the inside info on our club.

I can picture him strolling into the club looking like Bohdi off Point Break and casually parking himself at locker number 6, then turning to Jack at locker 7 and introducing himself like he’s been there longer than Garner..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other thing to remember is that he’s been playing with ex-AFL players in the SANFL for two years now so you would think Bryce Gibbs would’ve given him a heap of advice on the AFL machine and Skinner has probably given him the inside info on our club.

I can picture him strolling into the club looking like Bohdi off Point Break and casually parking himself at locker number 6, then turning to Jack at locker 7 and introducing himself like he’s been there longer than Garner..
Gibbs has taken over the South’s U16’s coaching role. He loves to mentor. JHF would be learning an enormous amount from him.

Anyone else thought he looked a bit better on the wing than in the guts yesterday? If Dumont leaves and with Polec seemingly in the wilderness, we could use another winger. Might be the perfect place to start him early in his career with brief stints in the middle.
I thought he brought good pressure around stoppages. I don’t think he will get a lot of midfield minutes but it might be a wing - half forward/ guts rotation where he will play majority of his first season in the forward half.

Back