• Horne-Francis

Votes: 227 92.7%
  • Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Must say, I watched minimal state league footy prior to this year. Knowing we had pick 1 in the bag relatively early I did keep a close eye on JHF and through that have really enjoyed watching the Panthers this year. Thought I’d show my support.

84D0F51F-BA59-414F-9EAA-7B0B28492505.jpeg

They better *ing take him now…

Puma branding makes it worth it either way.

Must say, I watched minimal state league footy prior to this year. Knowing we had pick 1 in the bag relatively early I did keep a close eye on JHF and through that have really enjoyed watching the Panthers this year. Thought I’d show my support.

View attachment 1243610

They better f*n take him now…

Ha ha, I've also somehow become a Panthers fan too. If we lose this premiership I'm gonna ******* fume.

View attachment 1243610

They better f*n take him now…

Haha love it . NMFC will be in Puma gear next season also 👍
100% confirmed

The latest from Nightmares-------

I see the point being with Horne-Francis that in every game he has played this year, the way he has impacted games more than anything has been with his pressure, tackling and second and third efforts.

The Horne-Francis supporters continue to miss this point and recognise how this is in fact how every week he exerts his influence.

On Daicos v Horne-Francis, Collingwood would like for Horne-Francis to be picked before Daicos. It saves them points. That said, Daicos has outperformed Horne-Francis this year and is this draft's best talent.

On Horne-Francis' kicking as that has been mentioned a few times. He's in the average category for me. It's not a weapon to his game. His kick placement can lack consistency - we only need to look back at what he was doing last week overshooting targets. He can also rush his disposals and not lower his eyes at times, though is reasonable in this regard and much better than a say Roberts. Once at AFL level, I'd be surprised if anyone refers to his kicking as a weapon to his game. It's his tackling/pressure/second and third efforts. With as those tertiary strengths being his ball winning on the move and further down that list his aerial marking forward of centre.

The point I've been making and I can't speak for others is that while I'd agree with anyone who says he's a top-2 pick this year on quality, there seems to be a widespread misunderstanding as to how he impacts games.

He's more like Hugh Greenwood than he Patrick Dangerfield or whatever fanciful player comparisons or even stylistic comparisons people are coming up with. And that should be pretty obvious. Dangerfield is a ball winner and all offense. He doesn't work hard both ways. Horne-Francis is a genuine two way player who impacts games defensively more than he does offensively. That's what makes him special and unique because there aren't a lot who do that.

62EA6040-7CC5-4E7E-BF6F-D5066855DE3E.gif

Add me to this list also. Just like the way they go about it.
Blue and white too.. It does kinda feel like the Panthers are the NMFC of the SANFL.

marklovesbeer boys might be gaining some more supporters and potentially members through our boy being recruited.

I’ve never followed any particular SANFL side, so count me in with Psicosis, The Filth Wizard and Themanbun too. I’m in.

Last edited:
Great, that makes 5 South fans all up! SANFL biggest worry is South winning this week as them and Eagles have the lowest supporter bases. No one will be at the GF!

He's made for us then.

Was it one of his coaches that spoke of loyalty?

Im not concerned of flight risk one bit. We should be contending shortly, he will be part of the rise.

There should be enough sentiment formed by this well timed ascent from our lows for him to want to see it through.

Last edited:
He's made for us then.

In not concerned of flight risk one bit. We should be contending shortly, he will be part of the rise.

There should be enough sentiment fiend by this well timed ascent from our lows fit him to want to see it through.
Yep, the Panthers senior coach. "Absolutely loyal"

He's made for us then.

In not concerned of flight risk one bit. We should be contending shortly, he will be part of the rise.

There should be enough sentiment fiend by this well timed ascent from our lows fit him to want to see it through.

From the very limited video I've seen of him talking, seems like he's a very switched on kid that's aware he's got talent to burn, but wants to make the most of the ability he's been born with.

Hard to judge of watching 5 seconds, but reckon we have someone who is going to be well loved at the club for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GC enquired about Pick 1. We listened but doesn't appear that they could get us to consider it.

They're now looking at splitting Pick 3 with Adelaide or Richmond.

Another piece of evidence supporting top tier in picks 1,2.

Haven't followed much of JHF. How does he compare to Rayner? Seem to have somewhat similar profiles. Rayner has been a slow burn thus far.

Haven't followed much of JHF. How does he compare to Rayner? Seem to have somewhat similar profiles. Rayner has been a slow burn thus far.

I had Rayner ranked 15th in his draft.

To say JHF is way ahead of Rayner at the same stage is an understatement.
He had no development left in his body from a weight perspective, from memory he was something around 186cm and 88kg as an 18yo. He benefited from being bigger and stronger than his peers. As others have mentioned, he came along in the year Dusty tore apart and drew comparisons to Martin despite not having the same footskills or ability to accumulate when playing in the midfield at the same age. He never showed the ability to play as a full time midfielder and I thought he would be exposed at AFL level playing midfield as he wouldn't be able to bully others. Brisbane basically spent the #1 pick on a glorified half forward flanker.

It's actually similar to my issue with Elijah Hollands last year - he's not a midfielder and hasn't shown the stoppage ability to play there. He could develop it, but midfield is the hardest position to learn. The difference between Hollands and Rayner is Hollands has as good of a skill set as you'll see - elite kick, excellent on either foot, very good one on one mark. At this stage though, he's a mercurial forward at best.

I said at the time that LDU was the best talent in the 2018 draft and that opinion hasn't changed.

He's made for us then.

Im not concerned of flight risk one bit. We should be contending shortly, he will be part of the rise.

There should be enough sentiment formed by this well timed ascent from our lows for him to want to see it through.
I’ll never compare South’s to us. They relocated…and have been s**t for a long long long time!

Knightmares is a straight up football illiterate.
He's just crying that his pin up boy Nafan never won a flag.

Did lol hard at his FIGJAM fanboiing when someone said JHF reminded them of Nafan and how JHF could never match his idol.

In the years I’ve been reading KM’s stuff, what has become abundantly clear is:

- His focus on data over actually watching prospects (likely due to never playing the sport).
- His comparisons are generally poor and skewed to one attribute that he gets obsessed with.
- His stubbornness removes any ability to revise his opinions once formulated.

I can't get enough of his verbosity and narcissism.

Back