• Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How good is he?

Tony Bamford:
"He is a special player, an exceptional character of a human being, really good family support, everyone has seen his ability as a footballer this year, he'll find his way at the AFL next year and he will have a really good career."

Where do you rate him?

Tony Bamford:
"Right up there, it's quite ironic that he spent his year with Bryce Gibbs at South this year, and I think that has been a really really good apprenticeship for Jase to learn off Bryce and pick his brain off on a few things, both high selections in their draft year.

Jason is just a really down to earth kid, he loves the game, loves to compete and hates losing, all 18 clubs would love to have him."

Knew l'd missed one. And the couple cooking should be Greek.

Smartest bloke in here
I’ve always said it
And dont forget
No brioche buns, original, sesame, lightly toasted
No *ing caramalised anything or exotic sauces
Moral of the story
Old school burgers , poop all over new wave hipster burgers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So I pop into a thread about who we are going to take at the first pick in the draft and naturally it has evolved into a debate about burgers.

I'm pretty minimalist for what it's worth. Great beef, bacon, cheese, and egg. If I'm feeling fancy a bit of mustard and horse reddish.

Chicken burger must be thigh meat, not breast.

Interested in hearing views on the best burger joints around town. Beer and Burger Bar and 1090 Burgers both in Swan Street Richmond are very good. Balwyn Canteen do a very good job.

Danny’s, N Fitzroy, Andrew’s Albert Park, both iconic
Oakleigh Fish and Chippery, Chester St
A few who still do old style burgers very well.

Dannys rules for me. Best burgers around. Andrews can be too big and sloppy although only had them once. Embassy Taxi Cafe on Spencer St were as good as any when the old Greek blokes ran it and in my younger days the only place you could get a feed after midnight. Sensational burgers and chips. Went there a year or so ago and new owners. Must say burgers were still very good but lacked that Greek touch.

So I pop into a thread about who we are going to take at the first pick in the draft and naturally it has evolved into a debate about burgers.

I'm pretty minimalist for what it's worth. Great beef, bacon, cheese, and egg. If I'm feeling fancy a bit of mustard and horse reddish.

Chicken burger must be thigh meat, not breast.

Interested in hearing views on the best burger joints around town. Beer and Burger Bar and 1090 Burgers both in Swan Street Richmond are very good. Balwyn Canteen do a very good job.

Burger joints have had a massive resurgence. Danny’s was probably the panicle for a while but there’s so many good ones around now. I haven’t been to the B.East for a while but I reckon it’s the best in my area.

Dannys rules for me. Best burgers around. Andrews can be too big and sloppy although only had them once. Embassy Taxi Cafe on Spencer St were as good as any when the old Greek blokes ran it and in my younger days the only place you could get a feed after midnight. Sensational burgers and chips. Went there a year or so ago and new owners. Must say burgers were still very good but lacked that Greek touch.

In my younger uni/ cab driving days, I picked up RDB from St Kilda, destination Tullamarine.
I was hungry
Nothing unusual there
I knew he was a fan of Embassy burgers
I asked him the question
Mr Barassi, do we have time for a couple of takeaways? I’m peckish…We can eat in the car if you’re in a hurry
He happily obliged , and we demolished them

Ok with pineapple on Hawaiian pizza, that's it.

Also no room for beetroot on burgers either.

I’m not a fan of beetroot on burgers but I don’t look down on those that enjoy it as much as I do as those that have pineapple. I’ll sit at te same table but just won’t make eye contact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danny’s, N Fitzroy, Andrew’s Albert Park, both iconic
Oakleigh Fish and Chippery, Chester St
A few who still do old style burgers very well.

Oakleigh Fish and Chippery burgers are magnificent. Identical to what I used to have as a kid.

Oakleigh Fish and Chippery burgers are magnificent. Identical to what I used to have as a kid.

I know the family who ran it very well, and they ran it for close to 40 years.

Recently changed hands, but the “recipe and technique” I believe was passed on, so we should hopefully be enjoying them for a while longer

Back