• Horne-Francis

Votes: 227 92.7%
  • Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So I pop into a thread about who we are going to take at the first pick in the draft and naturally it has evolved into a debate about burgers.

I'm pretty minimalist for what it's worth. Great beef, bacon, cheese, and egg. If I'm feeling fancy a bit of mustard and horse reddish.

Chicken burger must be thigh meat, not breast.

Interested in hearing views on the best burger joints around town. Beer and Burger Bar and 1090 Burgers both in Swan Street Richmond are very good. Balwyn Canteen do a very good job.
OK Swan street just up the road

I like old school hamburgers but am also partial to smash burgers.

Btw George Motz, the Burger Scholar, is an interesting watch on youtube, if you want to broaden your burger game.

The best burgers ever were at this shop in Jerilderie but it isn't even there any more and hasn't been for over a decade. They made great ones at Wadeville too but the people who made them have sold up and moved on.

Anyone here remember Bell Burgers on Bell St Pascoe Vale back in the 70s? The burgers were very flat and huge and named after Laugh In sayings and characters like the Bet Your Sweet Bippy and The Devil Made Me Do It. To this day the best burgers I ever had.

No Easey burgers named after the street, easey street Collingwood

With the trains on the roof yeah? Around the corner from work, don't know why I've never partaken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best burgers ever were at this shop in Jerilderie but it isn't even there any more and hasn't been for over a decade. They made great ones at Wadeville too but the people who made them have sold up and moved on.
I remember the burgers that they used to sell at the twilight drive in theatre in lillico. Still to this day can remember the taste of the iceberg lettuce steamed against the fried onion and the Pattie. Real toasted bun as well rather than that crappy suger laden buns that all the chain burgers use.

And as if on cue...

1. Jason Horne-Francis
Best position:
Inside midfield/general forward
Height, weight: 184cm, 78kg
Recruited from: South Adelaide
Projected draft range: 1-2
Plays like: Toby Greene
September ranking: 2
Rationale: Finishing the SANFL season off with a bang, Horne-Francis' preliminary final was the performance of the season, and one that will stick with draft watchers for a long time. Over the last month of the season, Horne-Francis has arguably developed into the SANFL's premier and most influential player. What separates Horne-Francis from Daicos is his application and influence defensively, with his aggression, pressure, tackling, second and third efforts and run back in support elite even by AFL standards.
Strengths:
Consistency of application defensively
Pressure applied to the ball carrier
Strong tackler
Aggression
One-touch ground ball winner on the move at speed
Aerial marking
Contested marking
Impact per possession
Contested ball winning
Proven against senior state league opposition
Versatility to impact games both through the midfield and up forward
Scoreboard impact
AFL ready-to-go game
Weaknesses:
Inconsistent production
Inconsistency of impact offensively

Plays like: Toby Greene

Now why doesn't that say Hugh Greenwood

And as if on cue...

Now why doesn't that say Hugh Greenwood

This is even better:

13. Bodhi Uwland (Gold Coast - Academy)
Best position: Inside midfield
Height, weight: 185cm, 84kg
Recruited from: Gold Coast
Projected draft range: 40+
Plays like: Luke Hodge
September ranking: 11

Rated at 13, likely to be picked after 40 and compared to a four time premiership captain.

Superb.

Back