• Horne-Francis

Votes: 227 92.7%
  • Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Any offer for Pick 1 would have to be so absurd that the opposition list manager would be instantly committed into an asylum.

This kid has power and runs both ways. Not only that he can play forward, in the square or out on a wing.

Lock it in Eddie. The phones been taken off the hook and we aren’t accepting calls.
He has a natural 2nd & 3rd effort not many in the AFL have .
I also saw him cover ground so quick from offensive forward pocket to defensive back pocket very late in the game when Norwood were coming strong without an issue .
That’s after I reckon he hardly came off in the 3rd qtr . Would love to know his time on ground % .
Reckon would be in the 80% ‘s

GR any chance of a video of JHF of todays game.

also is it true he is playing in a pre GF game next week.
It'll be on my page as usual.

As for next week, I would think he would be playing with the Panthers. He'll be given the choice.

It may come down to him or maybe Archers son for the late pick in the ND

Archer will probably be a rookie pick. Shaping to be another 50 pick draft and Archer ain't in that top 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's already shaping to chase the ball before he hits the ground.

But today was the first time I watched him play a whole game and what impressed me the most was how much of the stuff he did that won't make highlight reels. I dunno if they call everything he does a 1%er but we used to years ago. So many times he kept chasing, and even tho he wouldn't catch the other guy it was just enough pressure to ruin what would have otherwise been an easy entry into the 50.

But today was the first time I watched him play a whole game and what impressed me the most was how much of the stuff he did that won't make highlight reels. I dunno if they call everything he does a 1%er but we used to years ago. So many times he kept chasing, and even tho he wouldn't catch the other guy it was just enough pressure to ruin what would have otherwise been an easy entry into the 50.
His repeat efforts, defensive acts and 1% are absolutely elite. He does it every week.

That sort of play is infectious and now we’ve got the best two I’ve seen in the Jnr system with Will Phillips and Horne.

Around mid last year, JHF was easily one of the best players I've seen come through under 18's for a while and clearly the best kid in this draft class - I honestly thought we'd show enough improvement this year to not be in contention. The fact we're just about guaranteed to draft him is insane considering the talent we've already got. There were times this year where he appeared to have stagnated but he's really elevated his game at senior level over the last month or so.

I'm not sure most North fans totally understand what we're in for with this list we're building.

Exciting times ahead is an understatement.

Back