Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

I was supposed to wait until tonight?

Greenwood is now a better footballer than Touk Miller

If that dweeb has done anything harder than Panadol Rapid I'll drink me own piss.
Careful with those kind of statements.

There was a poster on the bay a few years back that promised to run down Lygon street naked if the Dogs won the 2016 Grand Final. He ended up cancelling his account.

The latest from Nightmares-------

I see the point being with Horne-Francis that in every game he has played this year, the way he has impacted games more than anything has been with his pressure, tackling and second and third efforts.

The Horne-Francis supporters continue to miss this point and recognise how this is in fact how every week he exerts his influence.

On Daicos v Horne-Francis, Collingwood would like for Horne-Francis to be picked before Daicos. It saves them points. That said, Daicos has outperformed Horne-Francis this year and is this draft's best talent.

On Horne-Francis' kicking as that has been mentioned a few times. He's in the average category for me. It's not a weapon to his game. His kick placement can lack consistency - we only need to look back at what he was doing last week overshooting targets. He can also rush his disposals and not lower his eyes at times, though is reasonable in this regard and much better than a say Roberts. Once at AFL level, I'd be surprised if anyone refers to his kicking as a weapon to his game. It's his tackling/pressure/second and third efforts. With as those tertiary strengths being his ball winning on the move and further down that list his aerial marking forward of centre.

The point I've been making and I can't speak for others is that while I'd agree with anyone who says he's a top-2 pick this year on quality, there seems to be a widespread misunderstanding as to how he impacts games.

He's more like Hugh Greenwood than he Patrick Dangerfield or whatever fanciful player comparisons or even stylistic comparisons people are coming up with. And that should be pretty obvious. Dangerfield is a ball winner and all offense. He doesn't work hard both ways. Horne-Francis is a genuine two way player who impacts games defensively more than he does offensively. That's what makes him special and unique because there aren't a lot who do that.
I’m actually convinced he does write ups correlated from others on this for forum.

Surely he doesn’t watch footy because it honestly reads like someone from the USA writing about the afl grand final. Fitting hes got a gig with espn.

Last edited:
The latest from Nightmares-------

I see the point being with Horne-Francis that in every game he has played this year, the way he has impacted games more than anything has been with his pressure, tackling and second and third efforts.

The Horne-Francis supporters continue to miss this point and recognise how this is in fact how every week he exerts his influence.

On Daicos v Horne-Francis, Collingwood would like for Horne-Francis to be picked before Daicos. It saves them points. That said, Daicos has outperformed Horne-Francis this year and is this draft's best talent.

On Horne-Francis' kicking as that has been mentioned a few times. He's in the average category for me. It's not a weapon to his game. His kick placement can lack consistency - we only need to look back at what he was doing last week overshooting targets. He can also rush his disposals and not lower his eyes at times, though is reasonable in this regard and much better than a say Roberts. Once at AFL level, I'd be surprised if anyone refers to his kicking as a weapon to his game. It's his tackling/pressure/second and third efforts. With as those tertiary strengths being his ball winning on the move and further down that list his aerial marking forward of centre.

The point I've been making and I can't speak for others is that while I'd agree with anyone who says he's a top-2 pick this year on quality, there seems to be a widespread misunderstanding as to how he impacts games.

He's more like Hugh Greenwood than he Patrick Dangerfield or whatever fanciful player comparisons or even stylistic comparisons people are coming up with. And that should be pretty obvious. Dangerfield is a ball winner and all offense. He doesn't work hard both ways. Horne-Francis is a genuine two way player who impacts games defensively more than he does offensively. That's what makes him special and unique because there aren't a lot who do that.
Thoughts eDPS & PMBangers on the Hugh Greenwood comparison?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not worried about his kicking one bit. Not going to be Salem/Rich/Thomas like, but it will be better than Dangerfield and most players.

We’re getting an explosive, aggressive, impact player. He may even be a little rough around the edges. That’s fine. You watch him and know that he’ll stand up when it matters.

One thing I do agree with KM on is that he's not going to be the type that comes in and averages 20 touches from day dot. For the first 2-3 years, he's going to be a high-impact 12-15 disposal player, like Thomas early, who's also going to affect games with his defensive intensity and aggression.

One thing I do agree with KM on is that he's not going to be the type that comes in and averages 20 touches from day dot. For the first 2-3 years, he's going to be a high-impact 12-15 disposal player, like Thomas early, who's also going to affect games with his defensive intensity and aggression.

Agreed. Unlike most draftees, though, he won't be a defensive liability. Runs defensively harder than most at SANFL level already.

I think most of us know that it will take a few years in a professional afl environment to reach the higher echelon of players, but it is the visible traits, both inherent and teachable/improvable, that we see now that is exciting a lot of us.

He doesn't do the give and get type disposal that Daicos does. So 20 disposals could be 30 if you do that instinctively. We normally see disposals as high impact, but some like Mitchell for example, can get a ton of the ball and not really do much damage. I think Daicos is better than Mitchell, but imo has that stat padding trait.

Jy does that sporadically, in some games when he dishes a lot of short range handpasses he blows way over 30 disposals. It has it's pros and cons, but not all disposals have the same weight.

LDU is similar to Horne in that when he gets possession he will duck and weave through traffic and then kick a 40-50m kick, he misses the opportunity to gather 3+ disposals in that passage of play, but when he gets it right, that has a lot more impact than at times over-possessing of the footy.

Back