Preview Pick 6, 2019 Draft: Who Do AFC Target?

3 options:

• Noah Anderson

• Matt Rowell

• The Best SA Boy Available (please name in thread)

• Hamish Special (Please name in thread)

• Your Personal Favourite (Please name in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not going to bother to explain what relevance points have ,by your comments you seem to ignorant to understand.
As far as being a joke well let’s see
- from GF to missing the 8
- preseason camps
- power ranger stances
- Pykes 3/4 time addresses
- Humiliation in a Grand final
Sure I’ve missed plenty

You're right. We're an embarrassment.

Yet still managed to get a lazy 10 more wins than Carlton and whip you by 104 points on your home deck.

Good luck next year. I'll wager you will improve. And that's only because you couldn't get any worse.

The only way for Carlton is surely up. You are so bad, that despite all of the AFL equalisation measures, every year you plumb new depths.

You must have hit bottom?

But you are Carlton. And you did manage 2 wins this year. So you can't finish any lower, but sadly you could get worse.

Carlton could only dream of "humiliation in a grand final". If you gave Carlton a gold pass to the AFL grand final this year, how would they have performed? Going on their Rd.23 performance against us...and we were sooo appalling....how many points would Carlton have been smashed by in the grand final?

Anyway it's only a hypothetical and I'm glad it can't happen as I love port holding the GF record of being on the wrong end of the greatest GF loss in history.

But don't kid yourself. We are way, way better than Carlton. We've never, ever been as bad as you are right now.

We were pretty s**t this year, but our s**t, and your s**t aren't in different postcodes, they're in different hemispheres.

In that dream we would be celebrating so hard we wouldn’t even care :)

But yeah, every single crows fan is dreaming that now. Moreso than any other year.
Being the Crows are possibly the luckiest team in the history of time it’s almost certain to happen. :rolleyes:

Being the Crows are possibly the luckiest team in the history of time it’s almost certain to happen. :rolleyes:

With all that umpiring bias in our favour and playing grand finals on our home deck it has just been inevitable :eek:

Crows last premiership: 1998
Arsenal last EPL title: 2004

:thumbsu:

I’m killing it!

No one else noticed that Rankine in his draft interview said he's looking forward to the next YEAR?

Yeah, try bring back one of the lads that went up to GC, otherwise with at least one pick, we need the best coal face midfielder, one with a bit of pace and a contested dominant game. Someone 185cm + that can be the rock in the middle in 6 years time. That's all we're missing from our juniors atm imo.

If Tom Green could be nabbed off GWS, that would be handy from 20 onward (obviously a lot of water to go under the bridge).

Not going to bother to explain what relevance points have ,by your comments you seem to ignorant to understand.
As far as being a joke well let’s see
- from GF to missing the 8
- preseason camps
- power ranger stances
- Pykes 3/4 time addresses
- Humiliation in a Grand final
Sure I’ve missed plenty
You just had a season worse than any in 100 years......

Your club still complains about draft sanctions for systematic cheating.

Kade Simpson will be a one club player and lose more games than anyone in history

You've got more number 1 picks than any club and have played how many finals??

Your best players play at other clubs......

You just had a season worse than any in 100 years......

Your club still complains about draft sanctions for systematic cheating.

Kade Simpson will be a one club player and lose more games than anyone in history

You've got more number 1 picks than any club and have played how many finals??

Your best players play at other clubs......

The club as a whole is a joke.. They've been the laughing stock of the AFL for the past 10 years and will continue that trend for years to come. Out of all the clubs in the AFL it's safe to say they've got the most delusional fans. No need to bother wasting your energy on lesser beings shorty.

Yeah, try bring back one of the lads that went up to GC, otherwise with at least one pick, we need the best coal face midfielder, one with a bit of pace and a contested dominant game. Someone 185cm + that can be the rock in the middle in 6 years time. That's all we're missing from our juniors atm imo.

If Tom Green could be nabbed off GWS, that would be handy from 20 onward (obviously a lot of water to go under the bridge).

tom-green.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was surprised he lasted that long, you think considering the SA under 18s did well, the captain would easily of been top 20, possibly top 10
Not necessarily. Leadership doesn’t always translate to ability. If Valente was to go top 20 it was always going to be in that 16-20 range. As it turns out no one was interested and he fell.
I have a suspicion his lack of pace is the concern.

I was surprised he lasted that long, you think considering the SA under 18s did well, the captain would easily of been top 20, possibly top 10

Wish you guys all the best with him. Hope he becomes a star and stays with you for backing him in and trading up for him.

-Even if Adelaide win the flag carlton accrue more points from this deal than Adelaide.
-By the time next years draft comes along stocker will have one year under his belt.
- maybe sos rates stocker higher than any of next years crop.
- Another flop by Adelaide next year and some improvement by carlton is all possible
- carlton finish higher and pick 19 is a freebie
- At worst carlton got pick 19 for a first round downgrade in 2019

The risk is all Adelaide’s
This could be a true win-win trade. If you finish 4th, Carlton 15th, you have got pick 4 for 15,19 a win for Adelaide. But Carlton also win, they might have won say 7 -9 games with big improvements from their Young players, greatly impressing players like cognilio, Josh kelly. If they can sign cognilio for free, the trade is effectively 4 for 15,19,cognilio- a great outcome for carlton.

Why wont pick 19 be enough. If he names us and he is out of contract, what are Essendon going to do. I don't think 19 is far off it, especially when nothing is coming back.
I think he will have a huge year. Hes going to be j.McGovern like with his marking. He was pick 6 and i think he will be worth more than mitch.

I think he will have a huge year. Hes going to be j.McGovern like with his marking. He was pick 6 and i think he will be worth more than mitch.
There were players taken top 10 that this year were delists. Where a player was drafted matters squat once they are in the system.

Francis had some good games late when playing off half back. That's a position we have well and truly covered.

He'd need a very good year to be worth 19. He certainly isn't worth anything close to 19 currently.

They say a week is a long time in football. This is a defining season for Francis. Fair enough you are backing him for a huge year and if so his value will increase, but unless he does he's nowhere near worth pick 19.

No other ruckman I would consider. I’d prefer we used it to take Rankine or Luko. I think we can start talking to their managers now. I think we would be a decent chance to get Rankine.

We are at the end of our cycle now. I’d rather invest in young players.
Firstly if the club can get either or both back great, but I also advocate players see out their contracts so my focus is going to be on new players

I see a player like Caleb Serong or Noah Anderson as a target. If Hamish likes his Tassie boys then Mitch o'Neill

I think a later pick might be Gould. If he grows 4-6cm more I can see him replacing Talia

So those are the 4 I am keeping an eye on. But its a long time off

Back