Preview Pick 6, 2019 Draft: Who Do AFC Target?

3 options:

• Noah Anderson

• Matt Rowell

• The Best SA Boy Available (please name in thread)

• Hamish Special (Please name in thread)

• Your Personal Favourite (Please name in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

We're not getting Rankine at the end of next year, so no need to worry about that one. At the end of 2020, maybe, but GC will be utterly desperate to keep him.

I'd definitely be taking Carlton's 1st to the draft, not sure about our two 2nds though, see what comes up (i.e. who requests trades to and from us, there'll no doubt be another player in contract that wants to move)

I agree. Although I actually think Gold Coast should prioritise the retention of King and Lukosius first and foremost. IF (emphasis on the hypothetical nature of this discussion) Gold Coast do think it is unlikely that Rankine will stay beyond 2020, it would be silly to completely rule out the attractiveness of having picks 1 and 2 going into the 2019 draft (assuming Gold Coast finish last). Will be interesting to see how it plays out at the end of the year.

Methinks the author Sarah Olle has ****** up because she's removed the line that said O'Neill was "in the pipeline" to be picked up by the Roos as an NGA
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...y/news-story/cf7eb4f2d0be76a8ab50adf81bcc76a2

Mitch O’Neill is hoping to follow in the same footsteps as his Allies teammate and first-round draft pick, Tarryn Thomas.
And as one of three bottom-agers in the 2018 All-Australian team, the midfielder is poised to do just that.

O’Neill was one of six Academy products to attend a week-long club experience at Arden Street, with the Tasmanian teenagers training alongside AFL stars. It’s just another way North Melbourne is strengthening its relationship with the Apple Isle.

“It’s massive learning from the older boys because they’ve got so much experience and knowledge of the game,” O’Neill told foxfooty.com.au.

Just move there already, O wait this is the way the AFL tease the Tasmanians with a "Team" without actually giving them one. If they tried would Brayshaw come back to fight against it?

I think Francis will be worth #6 by the end of 2019.

He might be. But even if he is, I am not sure he is a need. Trade for need. We are pretty well stocked in that area. Unless he can be that second KPD and take over from Keath/Hartigan. I think a pick 6 could be better spent elsewhere.

He might be. But even if he is, I am not sure he is a need. Trade for need. We are pretty well stocked in that area. Unless he can be that second KPD and take over from Keath/Hartigan. I think a pick 6 could be better spent elsewhere.

An intercept-marking, rebounding CHB is pretty damn valuable and we don’t currently have one. Unless Keath improves with a rocket this year.

I am also expecting big things from Francis in 2019, although I agree that pick 6 would probably be overs... However, if we were to acquire Francis, I can see him slotting in nicely as our third tall / intercepting defender. I know Doedee is doing nicely at present, although he is well and truly athletic enough to cover the smaller forwards and even pinch hit in the midfield going forward.

For example (2020 season):
B: Rory Laird 26 - Daniel Talia 28 - Tom Doedee 23
HB: Aaron Francis 23 - Alex Keath 28 - Brodie Smith 28

I am also expecting big things from Francis in 2019, although I agree that pick 6 would probably be overs... However, if we were to acquire Francis, I can see him slotting in nicely as our third tall / intercepting defender. I know Doedee is doing nicely at present, although he is well and truly athletic enough to cover the smaller forwards and even pinch hit in the midfield going forward.

I really rate Brown and playing Laird deep robs him of his strength of reading the play as well as he does. Also remains to be seen if Milera can transition to a midfield role.

I really rate Brown and playing Laird deep robs him of his strength of reading the play as well as he does. Also remains to be seen if Milera can transition to a midfield role.

Trust me I rate Brown and the way he goes about it also, but I think Doedee has the higher ceiling. If i remember correctly he was actually regarded as one of, if not the best, one-on-one defender in his draft class.

Trust me I rate Brown and the way he goes about it also, but I think Doedee has the higher ceiling. If i remember correctly he was actually regarded as one of, if not the best, one-on-one defender in his draft class.

I see Francis competing with Doedee rather than Doedee competing with Brown.

I was a big gee for trading for Francis last year. I knew he wanted a trade home (I broke it on the trade forum), but I dont know what happened with us or Port trying to trade for him.
I do know he comes home to Adelaide in the off season rather than stay in Melbourne.
I dont know how he sits at the moment with going or staying.
I would have him back in a heart beat.

I was a big gee for trading for Francis last year. I knew he wanted a trade home (I broke it on the trade forum), but I dont know what happened with us or Port trying to trade for him.
I do know he comes home to Adelaide in the off season rather than stay in Melbourne.
I dont know how he sits at the moment with going or staying.
I would have him back in a heart beat.
some Essendon contacts say that he has changed since he got on the park and appears to be much happier in Melbourne now. I suspect that ship may have sailed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some Essendon contacts say that he has changed since he got on the park and appears to be much happier in Melbourne now. I suspect that ship may have sailed
That was such a missed opportunity IMO. We could have traded him for a 2nd but we were busy with the Gibbs deal

We give Essendon our second for Francis or he nominates the draft.

Carlton finishing low might have more value than 1st expected.

We had our chance to nab him cheap in last years trade period. Think the boat has sailed now. I think he'll stay loyal to Bombers.

We had our chance to nab him cheap in last years trade period. Think the boat has sailed now. I think he'll stay loyal to Bombers.

Did we though? If I remember correctly Essendon were not at all cooperative being that Francis was contracted until the end of 2019...

Shoe on the other foot for a change.

How would this be any different to all the players Hawthorn have nabbed with late first round pick because they demanded to be traded to Hawthorn?
pick 19 should be enough If francis wants to leave.... and 19 is now a valuble commodity with live trading, just look what we did this year.

Back