Senior 18. Sam Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have taken Jordan Clarke....

With Pick 1? Didn’t last until the Stocker pick so we didn’t even have a second crack.

That 2018 draft class is going to produce some GOAT footballers IMO. Both Luko and Rankine were very impressive in their pre-season matches so far too.

Huge wraps on Rozee, even RCD dominated Richmond’s intra-club...

Light years ahead of players in the top players of the 2016 and 2017 drafts at the same point in time.

Yeah they will give him the Jack Watts debut treatment - and to be fair as they should.

Looking forward to them targeting him and seeing Cripps bash them all.
They won’t catch him

#SWalsh3Votes

D0iMj9SV4AA1ICF.jpg
D0iMj9UUYAE8qIj.jpg

Only JLT (and another scratch match) but in my books that’s two BOG performances in a row.

The odds are average for the Rising Star, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him poll say 10 Brownlow votes.

Could be a worthwhile investment.

Only JLT (and another scratch match) but in my books that’s two BOG performances in a row.

The odds are average for the Rising Star, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him poll say 10 Brownlow votes.

Could be a worthwhile investment.

do they offer odds for polling 10 brownlow votes? or are you suggesting that he is a sneaky chance of taking charlie to the dance in his rookie year?

Actually we are one of the worst in the world when it comes to detailed/specific bets, not to mention peer to peer wagers
I bet we are not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I totally agree with you and whilst Walsh would be very effective of half back. He has the scope to be one of the very best-ever Elite midfielders just developing his inclination to hunt the ball.>> and just let his Natural Instinct carry him all over the ground and I wouldn't want him just to worry about a man or covering defensively first , just yet.( it would be too limiting) >> I know we tried to do this with Gibbs and stunted his development as a midfielder that he truly is now.>> players with the capacity to run up and down the ground and find space so easily, as well as being genuine goal kickers, need to be utilised to develop into the champions they should be because there are very few of these in the A class category midfielder

agree don't over govern the guy . the way he looks to hunt the ball , find space ,attack the game is really something special . i know this is basic thinking but feel a ...if he can do it so can i moment/thought process could lift/ fast track a few more 2-3 year players . while theres a spring in his step early in the year go with it young man

agree don't over govern the guy . the way he looks to hunt the ball , find space ,attack the game is really something special . i know this is basic thinking but feel a ...if he can do it so can i moment/thought process could lift/ fast track a few more 2-3 year players . while theres a spring in his step early in the year go with it young man

If there was ever a player born to hunt the ball its Walsh. We could have two of them next year

he kills us every time little weapon ....just too think he might not of ever got ago at it ... wasnt he a top up
Yes. A chubby inconsistent top up with no endurance. Now heaps good.
That turn he put on Newman looked like he had a pole to hang on to to get such a sharp 180.

I have loved the look of Walsh since mid last year, but FFS, calm the **** down. He has not parted the red sea just yet.

He will though.

Just found this pic of Walsh's early ball work....

1551654528934.png

;)

What I do want to see is for the likes of Dow, Fisher and SPS to say to themselves, "I'll show you Walshy" :)

Damn Straight HARKER.
Fish did that last year when the player group voted SPS to have a break out year and Fish said "what about me".

The other day I saw Fish waiting at the counter of the corner shop
He'd been waiting down there, waiting half the day,
They never ever see him from the top...

Both Luko and Rankine were very impressive in their pre-season matches so far too.
I didnt see the match but...

Rankine had 6 possessions and a goal.
Lukosius had 8 possession and a disposal efficiency of 63%.

I'm not sure what their TOG percentage was but I wouldn't call that impressive.

No buyers remorse after JLT round1.

3 guys we were told we should have taken instead by the BF expert , all doing some nice things but getting less than 10 possessions.
Smith only played half a game. 9 possessions in half a game isn't bad.

Walsh on the other hand played a full game because unlike Smith Walsh is actually fit with a strong endurance base.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back