Senior 18. Sam Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

I didnt see the match but...

Rankine had 6 possessions and a goal.
Lukosius had 8 possession and a disposal efficiency of 63%.

I'm not sure what their TOG percentage was but I wouldn't call that impressive.

They looked good. Some impressive bits of play but limited. Typical for a new draftee (except Walsh ;)).

B.Smith showed a touch of class and Clark, Hately, Butters Thomas, Blakey & Caldwell were very impressive. E.Smith did a couple of nice things

Looks to be a heck of a draft with Walsh the best

I didnt see the match but...

Rankine had 6 possessions and a goal.
Lukosius had 8 possession and a disposal efficiency of 63%.

I'm not sure what their TOG percentage was but I wouldn't call that impressive.

That post was created prior to their last match against the Bulldogs. They were pivotal in their game against Brisbane and exceptional in their intra-club.

In any case Walsh was always going to have a much more immediate impact, and it’ll be years before we can evaluate.

"With his slightly arched back and silky skills, there’s a touch of Trent Cotchin in how he plays."

Unlike Cotchin, it is hoped he won't take a full decade to arrive. FFS......

"With his slightly arched back and silky skills, there’s a touch of Trent Cotchin in how he plays."

Unlike Cotchin, it is hoped he won't take a full decade to arrive. FFS......

Took Cotchin until his 4th year to average 20+ disposals...

Walsh would have done it last year.

Smith only played half a game. 9 possessions in half a game isn't bad.

Walsh on the other hand played a full game because unlike Smith Walsh is actually fit with a strong endurance base.
Smith got on the end of it for a nice goal from point blank range, but apart from that didn't really do anything that stood out class wise to me. Only had 1 tackle and 1 contested possession. Went at 56% eff

Never really understood how some could rate him higher than Walsh. Think there is a lot of projecting of what he could become going on by people wanting to tip a roughie rather than take the short priced favourite.

Guess time will tell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back