Toast Pick #10 - Welcome to Carlton Lochie O'Brien!

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing I've noticed with LOB that he needs to work on his focus. Makes too many unforced clangers for a player with his kicking skill, and I think it's a matter of being lazy with his kicks. Lazy kicks out of the backline going off the side of his boot won't happen if he is kicking through the ball properly.
I think he just needs to hold the ball harder in his hands. His ball drop is a bit loose. I’m sure they will fix it. He’s a beautiful kick otherwise. Has good long vision too. As much improvement in LOB as any player on the list.

His kick to Setters in the first quarter for the mark and goal sums up this kid to a tea. Beautiful spinning drop punt that favoured Will's position. Perfectly executed.

I was more impressed that he had a second glance, and ignored a couple of guys 40-45 out to take the percentage option: Setterfield 1v1 against a smaller opponent, 25 out. (I'm liking Setter's forays forward too)

Mitch McGovern is No1, only just.

And that was without being fully fit ;)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
There was actually a fat kid in my year at school who was crap at cross country but for some reason was really quick over 100m, despite being a chubbster.

Im not calling Mitch fat because hes not, but even this round tubster was quick. Cant explain it.

Soapy: please please tell Loch this:

They can’t catch you son. They just can’t.

If he has a metre on just about any player in the comp I’d back him.

PUT THE HAMMER DOWN

Needs another 1 or 2 pre seasons to get that strength those the legs and AFL endurance. Just fatigued a little which is to be expected. That’s what caused the poor kicks

Very happy with where he’s at. Ahead of where I expected but long way to go yet.

There was actually a fat kid in my year at school who was crap at cross country but for some reason was really quick over 100m, despite being a chubbster.

Im not calling Mitch fat because hes not, but even this round tubster was quick. Cant explain it.
Quick twitch fibres and big strong glutes/legs.

My endurance was always an issue but would always be one of the quickest. Clocked a top speed of just over 30km Hr at training one night, at age 39-40.

Helps when you have an older brother always chasing you around growing up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back