Toast Pick #10 - Welcome to Carlton Lochie O'Brien!

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if this has been mentioned however this was Buckenara's view on our draft.

THE VERDICT: Carlton is again one of the big winners of the draft. If Garlett adjusts, the Blues will have picked up three first-round talents and future stars with just two top selections. In three years this could be this draft’s best haul.
GB always has a lot of praise for our strategy. Probably because it's similar to the one he was using at Hawthorn.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but something about his attributes remind me of Josh Kelly in his u18 year. Almost exactly the same attributes at a similar age.

SOS must've put a lot of work into Kelly in 2013 given he drafted him as well. Have been active in the dogs draft thread all season saying that the mix of elite endurance and kicking means I'm not phased by his low contested ball numbers (and wasn't used in an inside role anyway) and wanted him to last to pick 16 for us but the fact he went at pick 10 makes me feel vindicated.

Probably ended up with a bargain here due to badly timed injuries making his season a little inconsistent. Seems a perfect fit for your side as well as a genuine top line outside player is something I feel you've been in need of for years now.

Should compliment your midfield especially with Kennedy in and Gibbs out.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but something about his attributes remind me of Josh Kelly in his u18 year. Almost exactly the same attributes at a similar age. SOS must've put a lot of work into Kelly in 2013 given he drafted him as well. Have been active in the dogs draft thread all season saying that the mix of elite endurance and kicking means I'm not phased by his low contested ball numbers (and wasn't used in an inside role anyway) and wanted him to last to pick 16 for us but the fact he went at pick 10 makes me feel vindicated. Probably ended up with a bargain here due to badly timed injuries making his season a little inconsistent. Seems a perfect fit for your side as well as a genuine top line outside player is something I feel you've been in need of for years now. Should compliment your midfield especially with Kennedy in and Gibbs out.

I think he has a lot of Kelly/Gaff like qualities. He runs both ways all day, is fast and has elite disposal. Im not phased about his low contested numbers as thats not what his role is.

He can rack up a heap of the ball on the outside with his running ability and hit forwards with his precision skills. Every team would love a player like him and im glad we got him.

There was a post from ericpascoe who generally has good information that SOS had him ranked top 5 based on his underage year.

The fact that he didnt perform up to expectations probably due to injury didnt faze him. Im almost most excited about picking up O'brien than anyone else we got.

I think he has a lot of Kelly/Gaff like qualities. He runs both ways all day, is fast and has elite disposal. Im not phased about his low contested numbers as thats not what his role is. He can rack up a heap of the ball on the outside with his running ability and hit forwards with his precision skills. Every team would love a player like him and im glad we got him. There was a post from ericpascoe who generally has good information that SOS had him ranked top 5 based on his underage year. The fact that he didnt perform up to expectations probably due to injury didnt faze him. Im almost most excited about picking up O'brien than anyone else we got.

Agree O'Brien has great attributes, kicking is superb his running and endurance just a treat. He's exactly the type of player we've needed desperatly and should we be so lucky that Pickett, Garlett and Lang too adjust and apply themselves quickly , we'll have added more running power an skill instantly , I'd be over the moon , Excellent list managment by Silvagni.

Last edited:
Agree O'Brien has great attributes, kicking is superb his running and endurance just a treat. He's exactly the type of player we've needed desperatly and should we be so lucky that Pickett, Garlett and Lang too adjust and apply themselves quickly , we'll have added more running power an skill instantly , I'd be over the moon , Excellent list managment by Silvagni.
SOS deserves to win our 2018 B/F

Watched Lochie's highlights again. He has a Samo like trait. The small quick steps when he gets the ball, as he sizes up options. Has the balance to deliver kicks wherever opportunities present. Really looking forward to watching him play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So from the little bits that have come out. It looks like we rated Hunter Clark, Lochie O'Brien and then Ed Richards at this pick. Not sure if there were others who were also in the 'potential' mix (like Coffield).
Think I prefer LOB over Hunter Clark. Has more pace and better skills imo. Think we did very well

Dow is a beast and im stoked we took him after hoping for Rayner most of the year.

O'Brien is a jet who rarely makes bad decisions and hits team mates lace out. Im actually more excited about seeing him grow for us than Dow.

Both super picks and along with Cripps, Kennedy, C Curnow, SPS, weitering and co. All i can say is look out other teams

I can't wait to see LOB in action. He seems like an absolute gun and I'm sure he'll be a fan favourite.

Also, congratulations to Soapy, it must be such an exciting time for the family! Good luck with everything. :)

Try to take a shower in the morning, get bumped off your line. Get some cereal and a fist appears and knocks the bowl clear. Go for a morning jog and there is an arm just across your back.

Living with ASOS is not for the weak

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Does his face kind of remind you of Mitch Robinson when he smiles?

Kind of a cross between Robinson and the glorious head Watson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back