Toast Pick #10 - Welcome to Carlton Lochie O'Brien!

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
Is he the younger brother of Dane & Claye?

unnamed (3).gif

inyourcool

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Oak Park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory 'til I die!
He is exceeding expectations at this stage and still tonnes of upside but quite a few moments where he is taking short steps to avoid heavy contact

That's ok, just hope he finds the confidence to go in hard when his moment comes

Wearing the #4 he kind of actually did remind me of a left pegged, slighter Gibbs. Don't know enough about him as a junior to know if that's in anyway a fair comparison, but if he's typically a skillful outsider who can mix it inside, then well...

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Soapy V hows his neck? Rolled in a very awkward tackle at one point and was slow to get up. Soldiered on brilliantly. I just know from experience that neck injuries can be worse the next day after you’ve cooled down and the adrenaline has stopped pumping...

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Soapy V hows his neck? Rolled in a very awkward tackle at one point and was slow to get up. Soldiered on brilliantly. I just know from experience that neck injuries can be worse the next day after you’ve cooled down and the adrenaline has stopped pumping...

Honestly don't know. I'm not "inner circle" as such. I speak with his parents and find out what is happening but don't get involved and don't want to interfere. I also won't ever pass on any information unless okayed.

The young fella has got to where he is because of himself and his parents. I have had absolutely ZERO to do with who he is or his football ability.

Just nice to have a family member playing at CFC and amazingly wearing my favourite No.4. :thumbsu:

PS he did get a heap of stitches in his head though. Should be fine

Last edited:
He was the exact player we needed in the draft and was predicted to go right in our range (pick 14), damn you SOS :triumph:

Back