Toast Pick #10 - Welcome to Carlton Lochie O'Brien!

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish we could get access to his GPS numbers...
Unless they are actually available somewhere...
I remember Simmo said 2 weeks ago that LO'Bs are off the charts..

pretty obvious what it means, his kicking is suspect at the moment and it has to get better
Definitely not suspect, maybe inconsistent. Understandable given his inexperience.

He's one of the most mechanically pleasing kicks on the list. I have no concerns about it. Just needs to build confidence.

He's been listening to the commentators, who all seem to be reading from the same Champion Data blurb which mentions an issue with 'kicking inconsistencies', namely, Lochie tries for a 55 m laser, and sometimes miscues.

That being said, his goal kicking technique on the run seems to have changed since his junior days, seems to be worried about seeing it touched on the line. He can afford to hit it flatter.

That being said, the commentators have NFI.

He's been listening to the commentators, who all seem to be reading from the same Champion Data blurb which mentions an issue with 'kicking inconsistencies', namely, Lochie tries for a 55 m laser, and sometimes miscues.

That being said, his goal kicking technique on the run seems to have changed since his junior days, seems to be worried about seeing it touched on the line. He can afford to hit it flatter.

That being said, the commentators have NFI.
what ? i can't have my own opinion from what i have seen ?

he hasn't been an elite kick at all so far

The pass he hit up Casboult against the Dog at Etihad looked pretty elite to me.

Membrey is an elite kick that is going 33% at goal at the moment. Form is temporary class is permanent.

We will settle into the pressure and have more time down the track.
Membrey is alright, but you are talking about elite kicking at goal, not around the ground. There is a big difference

anyone can do an one elite kick to set up a player for a shot on goal....unless you do it every week, you are not elite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish we could get access to his GPS numbers...
Unless they are actually available somewhere...
I remember Simmo said 2 weeks ago that LO'Bs are off the charts..
Got a soft spot for this kid as I picked him up in my keeper draft.

Didn't make the top 5 for distance covered but made it for other running stats:

cf506c1c895a9f9eecfa491893eb1529.jpg
1e9e2161221e38ade34eaac1efddac26.jpg
52a81346e2d0ebd329b3c81940599cbe.jpg

I get what you're saying, on a sample of his first 5 games. I think he will become one though.
all i am saying is he needs to improve it(i think he will), bit different in the AFL than under 18's. I am big on the kid and thought he battled hard on the weekend. I just don't jump the gun early calling a kid elite until they earn it at this level

Membrey is alright, but you are talking about elite kicking at goal, not around the ground. There is a big difference

anyone can do an one elite kick to set up a player for a shot on goal....unless you do it every week, you are not elite

I have had 2 hole in ones, but I have a savage slice if I let it get off the leash. Occasionally I hit every fairway. Most of my mates know that I am not elite

When he proves it at AFL level i will change my mind, but until i see it, he isn't an elite kick

Just because he plays for us doesn't mean he doesn't have things to work on, especially his kicking

Don't get the fatigue of a young player confused with his kicking ability. He will be as good a kick as there is in the side once he gets used to pace, physicality and endurance of AFL football.

He also trying to find the balance between doing the team thing and taking the game on like he did at junior level. Once he does that he will be fine. Kicking won't be and isn't an issue

all i am saying is he needs to improve it(i think he will), bit different in the AFL than under 18's. I am big on the kid and thought he battled hard on the weekend. I just don't jump the gun early calling a kid elite until they earn it at this level

I thought your comments we’re fair enough.

Across the JLT, VFL and AFL he’s kicked like Matt Suckling usually does, some flat worm burning rippers mixed in with shanks.

FWIW I also think some of the responses that he’s only young are fair enough as well.

Don't get the fatigue of a young player confused with his kicking ability. He will be as good a kick as there is in the side once he gets used to pace, physicality and endurance of AFL football.

He also trying to find the balance between doing the team thing and taking the game on like he did at junior level. Once he does that he will be fine. Kicking won't be and isn't an issue
Spot on Soap.

"Circumstance has no value. It is how one relates to a situation that has value. All true meaning resides in the personal relationship to a phenomenon, what it means to you"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back