Toast Pick #10 - Welcome to Carlton Lochie O'Brien!

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he's building nicely. Doesn't seem so rushed, and is more often than not steadying and assessing options before disposing. Also love how he is often one of if not the first to go in and fly the flag for his teammates.

Think he's building nicely. Doesn't seem so rushed, and is more often than not steadying and assessing options before disposing. Also love how he is often one of if not the first to go in and fly the flag for his teammates.
LOB has been making good contribution for a number of games. He is really starting to step up. His game against Freo was very good.
And as you mentioned, he flies the flag, Nice, surprising, dash of mongrel about him. Takes no ****

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoiler alert - Billy Brownless AND James Brayshaw. Avoid if you are after well considered interview and insights (or genuine humour).

Just a wind up sprinter. Not offthe mark.Takes 10 to get going. His top end is elite. You don’t break state 400m records if you’re not super fast. Love his running ability. He’s also a 6 min 2km runner.

I’m really bullish on him. Just back yourself son.

Seems to have lost his innocent on-field niceness of late. Love the way he shoves away opposition players when necessary.

One thing I've noticed with LOB that he needs to work on his focus. Makes too many unforced clangers for a player with his kicking skill, and I think it's a matter of being lazy with his kicks. Lazy kicks out of the backline going off the side of his boot won't happen if he is kicking through the ball properly.

I had Lochie 2nd best in ground at half time, his kicking into forward 50 was exceptional.
However the out on the full clangers in the second half meant he missed out on my votes at the end of the game.
Love this kid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back