Toast Pick #10 - Welcome to Carlton Lochie O'Brien!

MITSUHIRATO

All Australian
Jul 25, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I haven’t been his biggest fan, but I thought he looked good on the weekend.

He looked like he had the weight lifted off his shoulders and didn’t look like a kid that was kicking inboard constantly to follow the game plan and afraid of making mistakes on the big stage.

I loved watching him move the ball and use his left peg to hit up targets.

Where do people think LOB will end up playing? I'm thinking maybe a wing

He's your outside mid so essentially anywhere from HBF to HFF. May even play as deep as back pocket on occasion as match ups and rebound is required. However, I see him becoming the next evolution of a Craig Bradley / Kade Simpson (before his move to the backline became permanent) type. Then again, both Braddles and Simmo spent (part of) their twilight years down back.

The Dominator7

Unleash Finbar's Fury
Sep 22, 2016
D'Amico Republic
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Cubs, FC Brugge
Loved him since his draft year and haven't had any reason to change opinion, he's a bloody kid so not judging too harshly at this early stage unlike others, nor am I going to get too carried away with yesterdays nice game...keep developing son and hope this keeps the critics at bay for a bit.

But speaking of posters here going too hard too early on kids, I'd be interested to hear from all those posters with very strong opinions last year that we made a big error by not taking Darcy Fogarty - you know who you are. If you're judging Fog with the same measuring stick as LOB then he's a Bonafide Jarrad Oakley Nichols selection !! Any update ??

Bobmonkey

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Was playing better than Dow in the last few games of 2018. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up having a better career.

It was good to see him show a bit of mongrel yesterday, I hope he can keep it up for the rest of the year.

His 2 way running and lethal kicking will be a weapon for the Blues for a long time.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
Was playing better than Dow in the last few games of 2018. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up having a better career.

It was good to see him show a bit of mongrel yesterday, I hope he can keep it up for the rest of the year.

His 2 way running and lethal kicking will be a weapon for the Blues for a long time.

I stood up when he stood up and shrugged a tackle. Was marvellous.

Espio

Team Captain
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I think he missed his first 3 kicks (as did most of the team), such was the enthusiasm to go forward. Once the dust settled and they screwed their heads back on it was a thing of beauty (for the most part).
Lochie did what we hope he does for the next 10 years. Found space through hard running and delivered the ball well.
Good job LOB keep it going

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
His skills stand out similar to Walsh’s do. Probably says something about the rest of the team but also just great to have two youngsters who can find the footy.

He was impressive for a fair bit of the game yesterday. He isn’t soft which seems to have been said a bit about him. He’s simply a kid who doesn’t have the strength yet to win a lot of contests against older players. Sure someone like Simpson isn’t built either. But Simpson has figured out over a long career how to use his quickness, slight frame and ability to read the ball well to his advantage. I think it will be similar for O’Brien if he is to end up a long term player.

dlb99

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
His skills stand out similar to Walsh’s do. Probably says something about the rest of the team but also just great to have two youngsters who can find the footy.

He was impressive for a fair bit of the game yesterday. He isn’t soft which seems to have been said a bit about him. He’s simply a kid who doesn’t have the strength yet to win a lot of contests against older players. Sure someone like Simpson isn’t built either. But Simpson has figured out over a long career how to use his quickness, slight frame and ability to read the ball well to his advantage. I think it will be similar for O’Brien if he is to end up a long term player.

But I was told clearly in the SOS thread (after the Bolton sacking) that LOB is already a certain draft bust. Delist him, he suck, sack SOS.

Now this post :)

We run hot and cold here.

I believe in LOB and Cunners. Still jnrs.

Back