Player Watch Pick #12 (2021) - Josh Sinn

Remove this Banner Ad

Although the article is about Supercoach, Tom Rockliff gives his thoughts about Josh's chances of early AFL selection:

Everyone has been talking about the Power’s top draft pick Josh Sinn, and rightly so, because the club is certainly excited by his run and carry and long-left foot.

He’s close, and I expect to see him early in the season, but the teenager is probably fighting Xavier Duursma for a spot on the wing. And I think they will give ‘X’ first crack.

Sinn’s quest to get a senior game has also been made harder by Dan Houston’s ($467k DEF) permanent move to a wing.

Tom's thoughts on some other Port boys in this Herald Sun article too.

Interesting watching the Stan show ‘Show me the Money’ that when completing their running program they spoke about how the repeat 400’s not being Josh’s go, but how happy Richmond were to see him out there slugging it out! Has explosive speed, seems to still explode late into it from first impressions, maybe has speed endurance but lacking general endurance.

Going to be fascinating to watch this fella develop, they also spoke about the size of Daicos’ legs and then there was Josh, looking like an Emu.

Supper exited about the scope of Growth in him.

I didnt watch the game last night. Stats wise seems like a quiet start. How did he go?
Did some nice things, clean below his knees, quick hands, one point in time was free with 20 meters of space 70 out on the boundary and we kicked it to a 4 on 1.

Seemed to play the high half forward role, backed himself in, Ken will coach it out of him. Plenty to work with.

Felt for Josh. Since his recruiting we've heard about him playing across half back/wing and hopefully developing into a centre square midfielder.

Old mate starts him at half forward where our forward line entry makes Keystone Cops look like opera and he was lost.

Thanks Ross. I barely knew this game was on. Someone else commented that Sinn only had 8 possessions and didn't play particularly well. Any other information that you can provide about his performance?
We got smashed so badly that I was just stunned at how bad everything is at the club. I only recall him having a poor forward entry that was a grubber kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to watching Sinn's progress in the SANFL this year. He's hardly played any football for 2 years so not putting too much expectation on him to dominate in his first season at SANFL senior level.

Not a surprise after playing 6 games in 2 yrs pushed to hard over the summer can't really complain about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back