Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – Signed until 2027! 🎉

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Also for 'posterity'

This is April 19th me talking about Pickett 🖕🖕

What sort of a pole smoker would go back 7 months to big note themselves * me🤣🤣 if he doesnt work out do we then go back a few years to repost your repost? He will work out though he plays the exact role that is our biggest hole.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
What sort of a pole smoker would go back 7 months to big note themselves fu** me🤣🤣 if he doesnt work out do we then go back a few years to repost your repost? He will work out though he plays the exact role that is our biggest hole.
Nah it's pretty easy mate just type his name into the search up top lol. Takes about 8 seconds.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
campaigner i couldnt type his name with 100 attempts take me about 3 days to mash the write buttons in the correct order
Not his first name mate I haven't been talking about choppy at all so just the other campaigner. When everyone was saying we drafted Kosi I thought we got some other campaigner reading through the thread

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bennell and Pickett in the forward line in 2020 could be Jurrah/Wonaeamirri levels of hype

Definitely would watch that at the G on a Sunday arvo, even if we're s**t

I'm stoked with this pickup. Loves a tackle and a late hit (Just those Kent & AVB style - make defenders think twice about taking an extra step), takes hangers, kicks goals on both feet, natural cumber. Actually prefer his highlight reel to Weightman and given our need in the position, Pick 12 is fine.

Bennell and Pickett in the forward line in 2020 could be Jurrah/Wonaeamirri levels of hype

Definitely would watch that at the G on a Sunday arvo, even if we're s**t
hopefully it doesn't hit the same levels of shitness by the team

El Gringo

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was a huge fan of his uncle both Norf and Port days, enjoyed him finishing his career here but hated that he was the sacrificial lamb for trying to take effective bumping out of the game. He had the best hip and shoulder I’ve ever seen, ridiculous tackler too.

So purely on that there’s some bias from me but it looks like Kysaiah has a bit of that aggression too, keen to see what he can produce at AFL level.

Nephew chop chop. I loved Byron. Will gladly happily take a career anywhere near that ball park.

I haven't watch any under 18 highlights before yesterday but that shepard *drool*....outside of that though his game reminded me more of Leon Davis than Byron ( in depth analysis here based on 5 mins of footage)

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Nephew chop chop. I loved Byron. Will gladly happily take a career anywhere near that ball park.

I haven't watch any under 18 highlights before yesterday but that shepard *drool*....outside of that though his game reminded me more of Leon Davis than Byron ( in depth analysis here based on 5 mins of footage)
Did Leon have the dash that Pickett showed in some of the run downs? Honestly can’t remember. Nice string to the Pickett bow.

Did Leon have the dash that Pickett showed in some of the run downs? Honestly can’t remember. Nice string to the Pickett bow.

Was more referring to the ability to use both feet, good vision, can take a hanger, finish on the run.

Leon was very much a sometimes/when I can be arsed forward when it came to pressure. Was excellent tho when he became a defender late in his career.

That goal in Pickett's highlights tho where he slaps the intended handball down on the left forward flank then scoops it up runs to 40 and finishes it from the tight angle very much reminded me of Leon tho.

Leon's reputation would have been much better at a club where he never had to play in a grand final

Would have been perfectly suited at Melbourne throughout his career then.

Back