Player Watch Pick #12 (2018) - Zak Butters

Remove this Banner Ad

He even goes hard at the song:

655665-tlslargelandscape.jpg

He even goes hard at the song:

655665-tlslargelandscape.jpg

I've certainly never been a fan of the silver version of the guernsey, I liked the white with black and teal V.... but I've got to say, in that particular photo I love it - maybe the gatorade gives is a metallic look - but even some of the on ground vision I was surprised I was ok with.

I've certainly never been a fan of the silver version of the guernsey, I liked the white with black and teal V.... but I've got to say, in that particular photo I love it - maybe the gatorade gives is a metallic look - but even some of the on ground vision I was surprised I was ok with.
Great to hear people coming around on it. I think it looks sensational, and will look even better with black shorts if we ever get to wear that combo.

The only fault with it is a gray shirt with white skin doesn't necessarily look great on un-tanned people, so a little black around the collar and cuffs on the edge would go down a treat.

AFL Players Association had an article on him just after the Noosa draft camp.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/tenacious-zak-prepared-for-life-in-the-afl/
The journey footballers take to reaching the heights of the AFL are varied. There’s not many who would be considered as draft candidates having not played the game for six months, let alone being taken in the first round. But for a determined Zak Butters, he wasn’t going to let anything hinder his chances of being on an AFL list in 2019.

Affected by a persistent shoulder injury, season-ending surgery was a requirement but the Western Jets product negotiated with medical staff for it to be postponed until after the National Championships. “I spoke to a lot of people for advice… you name them and I’ve spoken to them about my options,” Butters told AFLPlayers.com.au during his first pre-season with Port Adelaide. Despite being made aware of the risks, he was determined to play as much football as he could before his body would no longer hold up.

“I didn’t want to have any regrets going forward so I said, ‘stuff it, I’m going out there’ and leaving no stone unturned. I love footy and I couldn’t help wanting to play knowing that this year would be one of the biggest of my life.”

He eventually underwent surgery in the days following Vic Metro’s final Championship game against South Australia.As his teammates focused on making the finals, Butters spent the back-end of the TAC Cup season in the gym and completing his rehab so he would be ready for day one of pre-season, wherever that may have been. “I had my days where I doubted myself, but my rehab was to prepare me for this moment,” Butters said. “I don’t regret my decision (to play through the pain) and if anything, I think it’s made me a better person and a better player.”
http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/tenacious-zak-prepared-for-life-in-the-afl/

The grey guernsey does look better in that picture - the gatorade shower giving it a metallic shine I suspect.

I guess I prefer it to the white as in general I don't like white guernseys and shorts combos, but with black shorts I have an unpopular opinion I'd prefer the 2015 teal.

Yeah was never really a fan and rolled my eyes when they made it our clash kit, but watching them play in it on the weekend I actually liked it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are people actually still attached to that old white strip?

The silver looks a million times better.

The first thing I thought when I saw the new silver jersey was that it was an AFL jersey that looked like it had been made for the Oakland Raiders. And given that the Raiders have the best jerseys in sport, it's hard not to like our new kit.

The main reason I still like the white guernsey is that apart from the PBs, it's the only one we've won finals in for the last 12 years.
True but that's kind of sad in itself.

+1 for the steel guernsey. White guernseys are so unremarkable, the steel is distinctive in the AFL and the monochrome brings us one step closer to prison bars.

Loved his verbals at Gawn at 1/2 time. Even Garry Lyon acknowledged it was working. We beat him up physically then worked him over mentally.

Lyon said on The Couch Rozee and Butters should expect to have their names circled next time we play Melbourne. Will be interesting to see if they do pick the easiest targets of all the guys who broke Gawn

Loved his verbals at Gawn at 1/2 time. Even Garry Lyon acknowledged it was working. We beat him up physically then worked him over mentally.

Lyon said on The Couch Rozee and Butters should expect to have their names circled next time we play Melbourne. Will be interesting to see if they do pick the easiest targets of all the guys who broke Gawn
It's the year 2020 and after a year of sharpening his sword Nathan Jones exacts his revenge on our baby players
Well-the-Jerk-Store-called-and-theyre-running-out-of-you..gif

That's because so many clubs use them a simple fix would be that only official club colours can be used as a base colour for away & clash guernseys.
The two best clash jumpers this far have been Hawthorns throw back, and our Silver strip!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back