Player Watch Pick #12 (2018) - Zak Butters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is how you beat a 2 x All Australian and finish off your good work.

Only disappointing aspect is that we didn't see what face he pulled after he kicked the goal. Will have to scour the net for some still shots.

giphy.gif

Not sure who else is going around this week who doesn't have a Rising Star nom.
Did well yesterday without large stats to show for it?
Significant contribution to the highlights package though.

Not sure who else is going around this week who doesn't have a Rising Star nom.
Did well yesterday without large stats to show for it?
Significant contribution to the highlights package though.

Jarrod Cameron kicked 4 in the Derby last night, he'd have to be a chance. Butters has more runs on the board though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This kid is going to be so good. Wants to be the best he can be and takes responsibility to achieve that outcome.

On the Sunshine Coast for Port’s pre-season camp this week, the Western Jets product is attacking his second AFL pre-season with his typical enthusiasm.

“It is just really good to have that base now and something to build off and attack this pre-season and see how much I can get out of myself and what levels I can reach,” Butters told portadelaidefc.com.au.

“Having a few surgeries over the last couple of years I feel like I am starting to get past that stage and really can attack gym work now.”
Maroochydore-camp-day-2-18-.jpg

The 2018 number 12 draft pick said the tutelage of notorious hard worker Travis Boak has helped him put his best foot forward during the off season.

This kid is going to be so good. Wants to be the best he can be and takes responsibility to achieve that outcome.

On the Sunshine Coast for Port’s pre-season camp this week, the Western Jets product is attacking his second AFL pre-season with his typical enthusiasm.

“It is just really good to have that base now and something to build off and attack this pre-season and see how much I can get out of myself and what levels I can reach,” Butters told portadelaidefc.com.au.

“Having a few surgeries over the last couple of years I feel like I am starting to get past that stage and really can attack gym work now.”
Maroochydore-camp-day-2-18-.jpg

The 2018 number 12 draft pick said the tutelage of notorious hard worker Travis Boak has helped him put his best foot forward during the off season.

Good see a young player with such attitude towards the off season and the preseason. Butters looks to have a bright football future ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back