Player Watch Pick #12 (2018) - Zak Butters

Remove this Banner Ad

849746ddf2407d7731fcf3951ccd84c4.jpg

A sackbut is a type of trombone from the Renaissance and Baroque eras, characterised by a telescopic slide that is used to vary the length of the tube to change pitch

He played senior football in 2017 in the Ballarat Football league as a newly turned 17 year old for a team coached by ex-AFL footballer Heath Scotland. Was amongst the best in his team's second semi victory in the finals that year. He was an up and coming star from a young age.

Zac Butters.JPG

Love the look of Butters, fills a huge need for us.

Watching his highlights: on two separate occasions he took possession of the footy inside 50- players of his calibre by foot would be excused for having a ping, but Butters assessed the situation and was able to spot up forwards in the funnel 30m out. Bliss.

Welcome to the PAFC.

Bloody stoked that we got Butters. I hadn't really seen us linked to him like we'd been linked to other players, so I didn't think we'd get him.

I have no eye for underage talent (that reads a bit sus sorry)so I will trust the club and value those on here that do.

I know I have looked at the last couple of drafts and gone hehe Joel garner that is kind of amusing butters hehe and we have ended up with both. I look forward to Iva Biguns in next years draft crop.

Welcome to the best club in the nation young man soon to be wearing the best guernsey in the world in it's A grade on a regular basis.

May I be the first to say I look forward to your
commitment
compassion
and comradery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

trent cothin 2.0

Walsh certainly reminds me of Cotchin.

Out of curiosity - who was the last Vic Metro player we drafted?

Edit: Probably the guy named after the West Indian cricketer. If not him then I am thinking Jacobs.

Macca19 philthy05 Is he a right footed Kane Farrell in terms of position and skillset?

Macca would have seen more than me. Being in sa I never saw him live I only saw the full champs games and tac highlights that are floating around. to me he is nothing like kane except might play in same part of ground. Farrell it’s his kicking I love. Butters it’s his movement with the ball I really like and kind of a natural footballer. Will carry the ball and deliver it smartly. He is very much a needs pick.

Walsh certainly reminds me of Cotchin.

Out of curiosity - who was the last Vic Metro player we drafted?

Edit: Probably the guy named after the West Indian cricketer. If not him then I am thinking Jacobs.

Joel Garner, Sam Hayes and Dan Houston are some in the last few years I think.

Did he say in one of his interviews with the club after the draft that besides Kenny talking to him at the combine he had no other contact from the club? Did i hear that correctly? Is that unusual?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back