Player Watch Pick #12 (2018) - Zak Butters

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest, the one I was least concerned about out of the kids was Butters.

Looks really happy around the club and even when playing.

Let’s hope Rozee and Duursma sign on and no other club come with $$$
I have a feeling the three lads feel pretty connected to each other and the team and would love to stay together. They are the core of our future along with a few others. Future looks good at Port.

sounds like he is loving it.

57a.jpg

There was a fantastic article on Butters in yesterday's tiser. His mother moved here with him, his dad makes the trip on weekends. He said that wearing Kane's #18 is a huge honour and a lot to live up to.
He is huge mates already with Rozee and Duursma and says as a player he wants to be as passionate about the club as the supporters are.

Butters joined Port Adelaide as one of its three first-round calls in November — at No. 12, after South Australian Connor Rozee at No. 5 and fellow Victorian Xavier Duursma at No. 18. All three made their AFL debuts in the season-opener against Melbourne at the MCG to become the “three amigos” in a timely recharge with youth of the Power list.

“We’re pretty close; we always room with one of each other … we seem to do everything together,” said Butters. “And not just us three … all of us who came to Port Adelaide this year (to be part of a club that emphasised “connections” within the team in off-season).

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...e/news-story/d1e7c0ec7e53e59d9db77656bece509a

Last edited:
Im not sure whether Butters will amount to much at this level/at this club. He shows a bit but regularly beaten imo
I’m not sure we’re watching the same games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not sure whether Butters will amount to much at this level/at this club. He shows a bit but regularly beaten imo

I'm not sure what season you've watched, but today as with every week he's played he's looked very lively. Clean, attacks the footy without compromise and skilled.

there’s not a stat for this, but Butters would have to be right up there for the Doing Good Things You Remember stat. Its amazing his disposal count was so low because there’s so much damaging play in so few touches

i must be missing something here he got the free kick and finished it off, well done ZB. What else he achieved i must have missed. I know he is young but i think people are being blinded by his non productive flair.

His impact is through the roof when he gets it, he just doesn't get it much at this point. But, he's a very small first year player, you can't question his desire and his attack at the ball. He's going to be inconsistent.

The more he plays, the quicker he is going to get up to speed, the more consistency he will find. I'm ok with dropping him if he looks cooked and just isn't getting the ball, but 14 touches is about par.

His impact is through the roof when he gets it, he just doesn't get it much at this point. But, he's a very small first year player, you can't question his desire and his attack at the ball. He's going to be inconsistent.

The more he plays, the quicker he is going to get up to speed, the more consistency he will find. I'm ok with dropping him if he looks cooked and just isn't getting the ball, but 14 touches is about par.
Leading the club for gaol assists, by a fair margin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back