Player Watch Pick #12 (2018) - Zak Butters

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to see him in the midfield.

Don't think he has the engine yet. I think he will be in the forward line another 2-3 years and then progress more to a 50/50 role similar to what we saw with Robbie in his prime.

Don't think he has the engine yet. I think he will be in the forward line another 2-3 years and then progress more to a 50/50 role similar to what we saw with Robbie in his prime.
Hope to at least see him pinch hitting in there a little bit. Surely he can at least do that in the short term.

Butters is already challenging Karl Amon in the running trials, which would suggest he is serious about more midfield time as well as getting up and down the ground in a high half forward role.

His draft profile was spot on. Whenever he gets his hands on the ball it turns out well for us. He just needs to get his hands on the ball more. The added running power should make quite a difference there.
Needs to fill out quite a bit still to become a full time Mid. Certainly has the weapons to excel in that part of the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Butters family have opened up about this previously as well. From 2016:

She moved from Bacchus Marsh to Adelaide, the ice capital of the world... Here's hoping she gets all the help she needs. It's a real issue.

Zak looks like he still gets his ice block at the school tuck shop.

Prescient choice of words Lily :eek:

That was a tough story for Zak and his family. Good to hear his sister is back in a stable family unit here.

Probably explains why Zak took longer to complete his contract extension negotiation than Rozee and Duursma. He was struggling with some serious off-field family issues. Sounds like Ken and the club wrapped themselves around him to help him through a rough time.

The comment that Adam Hartlett replied to o_O

I just stay away from the comments. Can imagine the vile drivel. (Not Adam obviously)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back