raptalia

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
I have yet to see a poor highlights reel. At least he is a 20 year old who could improve rather than a 28 year old whose best is behind him. So welcome to Alberton and good luck Jed.

The other good part of this is it will probably piss Sturt off. When we meet them at Alberton this lad should be playing for us not against us. Unless of course the SANFL pull a rule out of their arse.

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Like no doubt many I was a little disappointed in McEntee's apparent lack of physical size, but having watched his highlights reel he does have a low centre of gravity in the way he works to the ball and when he hasn't got it he hits into an opponent like a fox terrier onto a rat.

He also appears to have good core strength, and blokes like that who work close to the ground are very hard to tackle or knock off their feet, with an AFL preseason or two he should be able to build on that and I can see him developing into a decent player for us.

robbo1981

Premiership Player
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have yet to see a poor highlights reel. At least he is a 20 year old who could improve rather than a 28 year old whose best is behind him. So welcome to Alberton and good luck Jed.

The other good part of this is it will probably piss Sturt off. When we meet them at Alberton this lad should be playing for us not against us. Unless of course the SANFL pull a rule out of their arse.
Go check out chase Jones and McHenry 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rising Power

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He's not allowed to play against Sturt because the SANFL clubs basically admitted they're not professional enough to deal with the emotional fallout of having a player change clubs mid-season.

Butters and Pepper

Senior List
Sep 18, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I read that the rule was that the SANFL club needs to provide permission for the midseason draftee to play against them.

Whether or not any clubs provide that permission in future will be interesting to see.

RangaInTeal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
I read that the rule was that the SANFL club needs to provide permission for the midseason draftee to play against them.

Whether or not any clubs provide that permission in future will be interesting to see.
This is great, GTFO of this SABullshitFL. South Australia is screwed because of this very mindset! I hate EVERYTHING about ‘Our’ State, everything that is not Black, White, Silver and Teal (Moderate use of Teal)

Rising Power

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

And at the same time it's an SANFL rule that all AFL listed players must play if not injured or selected for the AFL team, except for the medical sub, but then make way for Div 3 Ametuers come finals time. Clear as mud 💩🤡

Remove this Banner Ad