Player Watch Pick #14 (2019) - Miles Bergman

Remove this Banner Ad

Another really good game. Miles is adjusting to the pace of AFL nicely.
Actually think tonight was his worst performance, but to be expected when the heat is turned up a bit. Will be better for the run

There’s a lot to like about this kid. Most pleasing is that so far at AFL level we’re seeing his toughness in the contest, aerial strength and defensive attributes. As his confidence grows and he starts to show his offensive weapons and flare, look out.
I see a little bit of Bont in him, the kid looks a steal at pick # 14.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From AFL Draft Central's Draft Guide book from 4 weeks ago.

Blue = Elite, Green = Above Average, Yellow = Average, Red = Below Average.

View attachment 785847

just wanted to bring this table up from his draft year. You’d assume when reading this that he would struggle to crack 10 touches a game for his first year at AFL footy. But, in his 6 games so far, his disposal numbers have been: 14,15,16,16,19,15.
Not only is this actually significantly above the average for someones first 6 games. But it’s even better that it’s supposedly one of his weaknesses- looks to already have fixed his ‘consistency’ and ‘accumulation’ very quickly becoming one of my absolute favourites.
Clearly has been working hard at his deficiencies!

Haha, I am going to do something I hate seeing done - Quote my own post! 🤣

But from the moment I first saw him play this preseason, I immediately thought: "Pendelbury." Which by the way is probably the second thing I dislike most, putting pressure on young players by comparing them to current/past stars.

But I have to do it! ... He just exudes Pendelbury vibes with every move he makes. "No pressure Miles!" ;)

Might sound funny, but he reminds me of Pendlebury. He stands erect, moves so fluidly - almost effortlessly, and seems to have so much time to use the ball, even in tight situations. .....

I wouldn't mind seeing the Iceberg have a run in the forward lines. He could push upfield to act as an extra mid and his overhead marking and long kick would both be weapons anywhere around the 50m arc.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Iceberg have a run in the forward lines. He could push upfield to act as an extra mid and his overhead marking and long kick would both be weapons anywhere around the 50m arc.

We've got so many half back flankers it'd be nice to turn one of them into a forward.

There's no way he could do less up there than Farrell is, so why not.
Although I think Bergman was a bit soft last week, this 100%. How invisible Farrell continues to get games is beyond me.

One of those players Hinkley plays that does not earn their spot. Bring back Hinkleys other love child’s Mitchell and Neade. They offered more than what Farrell does.

Easily his best game for the club today. Looking more and more comfortable at AFL level. I think once he puts on a bit of size he will make a tremendous flanker who can pinch hit on-ball.

Easily his best game for the club today. Looking more and more comfortable at AFL level. I think once he puts on a bit of size he will make a tremendous flanker who can pinch hit on-ball.
Would have loved him to hold that contested high mark he flew for 30m out from our goal. Got so close to bringing it down.
We saw the power and value of his kicking today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back