Player Watch Pick #14 (2019) - Miles Bergman

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically a first-year player for us who has hardly missed a game! He hasnt had any dominant game like Georgiades has had, but boy has he been consistent! He is still finding his feet in the AFL, and his place in the team. When he does, and it all clicks together for him, he is going to go BOOM.

I am thrilled with his progress, because we all wonder what the future will look like without Boak in a few years ... Well, wonder no more!

On body of work and his game on the weekend, he was the best performed not-yet-nominated Rising Star player this round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A classic late season body of work nomination, thoroughly deserved. He's been great at both ends of the ground. Very reliable and likes to take no-fuss marks in contested situations in a way that reminds me of Brad Ebert.

Well done Bergs. The last 6 weeks or so have been very consistent.

It's quite impressive - usually we see young players tail off as the season progresses, but he's gone up a level. His performances lately have been getting more and more consistent. He's a solid 7/10 player almost every week - and that is huge for someone who as a young buck you'd be expecting to have a bit of a roller coaster ride adjusting to the AFL standard of the game.

I have no idea where his ceiling lies. His floor is already really impressive. Can he be one of those elite inside-outside midfielders who can run 2-ways? Very few players in the league can do it, but on paper, his size, aerobic capacity, ability to read the play and skillset really suggest he has that kind of potential if he gets the absolute most out of himself.

He could be our nathan fyfe, and hasn't even had a chance in the midfield yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back