Player Watch Pick #14 (2019) - Miles Bergman

Bergman focused on adding strength to his 183cm frame over the off-season and did plenty of interval running to build his fitness but manage the loads on his shins, which have troubled him in the past.

Bergman added strength and took height from his 188cm frame ;)

189cm on the Port Adelaide app

Wouldn't load for me today :D

You would think the club would use coordinated data :think:

Anyway, much taller than 183

I drive a truck

Debutant
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m confident that this is Robbies, Motlop and Rockliff’s last year.

The bright side of this is with people like Watts, hoff, Robbie ,Rockliff, Ebert and Motlop retiring, that frees up a lot of cap room, too what was already reportedly a “war chest” . We should be hunting down players like Merret and Lukosius in the trade period and free agency this year.

Get Luko so he can be easily out marked in contests?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Oh no - Miles has gone from Adonis to Geezer...

1615122801212.png

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There’s something about his game that makes me think he could become elite.
Might sound funny, but he reminds me of Pendlebury. He stands erect, moves so fluidly - almost effortlessly, and seems to have so much time to use the ball, even in tight situations. If we didnt have so much young talent in the team already, he is a player you put in from round 1 and just let him flourish & grow in confidence - Exactly what we did with Rozee, Duursma, and Butters.

Now however, he waits his turn. Hopefully with Hartlett's dodgy hamstring, his turn comes in round 1

Jul 11, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Reminded.me a bit of Nick Haynes from GWS yesterday. Which is good!

Might sound funny, but he reminds me of Pendlebury. He stands erect, moves so fluidly - almost effortlessly, and seems to have so much time to use the ball, even in tight situations. If we didnt have so much young talent in the team already, he is a player you put in from round 1 and just let him flourish & grow in confidence - Exactly what we did with Rozee, Duursma, and Butters.

Now however, he waits his turn. Hopefully with Hartlett's dodgy hamstring, his turn comes in round 1

Certainly his seemingly effortless movement was part of my observation. He also seems to be a really good height/size. I also remember last week thinking he seemed more willing (as a first gamer) to get involved than some - I think it was Hately I noted last week.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Certainly his seemingly effortless movement was part of my observation. He also seems to be a really good height/size. I also remember last week thinking he seemed more willing (as a first gamer) to get involved than some - I think it was Hately I noted last week.
Still amazed that some posters here were mad that we didnt fight to get Hately, and instead used a 2nd rounder on Fantasia.

Hately looked so ineffectual last week! He reminded me of a fly buzzing around every stoppage, but then so easily swatted away by our midfield. He is the embodiment of vanilla, and while he went to the Crows for more game time, is going to really struggle to be a guaranteed first-22 there.

On the otherhand, I reckon by the end of the year, young Bergman will have cemented a first-22 spot in the Power lineup.

Played well, ran hard all day. Got a lot of outside footy. He took 8 marks, I don't reckon any were contested. Tight checking defender wont end up on his CV, but plays the sort of game Monty has talked about wanting the backline players to play.

Last edited:
Bergman just lives to compete. He has done that with so many sports, it's just second nature to him.

MILES Bergman used to play cricket, and some tennis. He swam, played basketball for fun (there's a hoop in his backyard next to the boxing punching bag), and also loved the competitive nature of athletics, going head to head with other boys his age and battling it out.

At school, he even took up volleyball and hockey, almost just to complete the set of sports.

"I did a bit of everything, really," Bergman told AFL.com.au. "In the end I had to drop some off."

PowerLil

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2012
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bergman just lives to compete. He has done that with so many sports, it's just second nature to him.

MILES Bergman used to play cricket, and some tennis. He swam, played basketball for fun (there's a hoop in his backyard next to the boxing punching bag), and also loved the competitive nature of athletics, going head to head with other boys his age and battling it out.

At school, he even took up volleyball and hockey, almost just to complete the set of sports.

"I did a bit of everything, really," Bergman told AFL.com.au. "In the end I had to drop some off."

Thanks for posting this Ford. What an impressive young man.

Back