Player Watch Pick #14 (2019) - Miles Bergman

Remove this Banner Ad

I would definitely play Bergman if Hartlett is not ready. He was so composed with his disposal against the Crows.

That was a really good speech and a great moment for Miles Bergman and his family.
I thought Monty waffled on. Wish he reinforced Miles’ strengths.

I love it when the player presenting gets the, ‘Usual club babble. You do this, this and this well, you WILL do it well here for this club. As player 192 you join a very special group, be as proud of your efforts to this point in time as your parents are of you today.’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have bee spoiled by previous debutants ripping it apart. He looked perfectly acceptable as a debuting player in side never under pressure. Would definitely let him run around again next week subject to availability.

Thought the same. Wasn't terrible but looked a first gamer unlike Houston, DBJ, etc, that slotted in and looked like 100 gamers from the get go. Has the tools but a bit of work to do still.

I love how when he does dispose of the ball he tracks to follow up, then when not in dispute takes off 80 meters to be used again if need be. Was nervous early, hasn’t made ‘those’ mistakes in any preseason matches, can only put it down to neves. Will be better for the run today, definitely not our worst out there today, hopefully Ken and the selection group stick with him for four or five matches!

First impression was that he was a bit taken back by the pace of the game. Relatively clean user of the footy and he reads the play well for a young player. He lacks the strength of Hartlett - wasnt able to break tackles and some of his tackle attempts didn't stick. That should come with time. I think with time he will develop into a handy player.

If has a future in defence he has to stop letting the ball go through his hands and out the back.

I liked that he found the ball a bit today but his disposal was not up to standard.

With Bonner out I’d retain him for next week.

If has a future in defence he has to stop letting the ball go through his hands and out the back.

I liked that he found the ball a bit today but his disposal was not up to standard.

With Bonner out I’d retain him for next week.
I thought the same but I think we're all judging a tad hard. The conditions were apparently wet and it was his first game.
What I really liked was his positioning and running. He'll clunk more marks and his disposal is actually a strength of his so I have no doubt it will improve quickly.
Played a solid game without staring and will retain his spot. With Bonner out and Hammer likely in, I would love to see him play on the wing and use his hard running.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back