Pick 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Word on the street is that O'Reilly is talented, but lacks work ethic.

Will be interesting to see if/when he's selected.
There must be some possibility that O'Reilly, iHill and Carter have been asked to play within themselves??? All heavily linked to us. All dropping down the draft order due to not performing as predicted.

Always got to open a present on Christmas Eve. Stocking on the bed Christmas morning. Open the big presents after breakfast when the family has got itself organised.

No problem at all with how it is formatted given the changes the AFL have brought in. No hurry from my end.
My family open all presents on Christmas Eve, not morning, so this is torture to me

Imagine being a prospective draftee who is in everyone's first round phantoms (and invited to attend the draft) and then you don't get picked today and have to wait until tomorrow to see if (and who by) you'll be drafted... It's hard enough for us having to wait an extra day, spare a thought for the draftees themselves.

Always got to open a present on Christmas Eve. Stocking on the bed Christmas morning. Open the big presents after breakfast when the family has got itself organised.

No problem at all with how it is formatted given the changes the AFL have brought in. No hurry from my end.

It more that the AFL is becoming way too transparent about how they are manipulating us as supporters. Thinking that even one supporter gives a crap about AFLX while spending a truck load of money on it is a another example.

I think sports have to be careful that they don't take the public for granted. Aussie cricket learned the hard way.

There must be some possibility that O'Reilly, iHill and Carter have been asked to play within themselves??? All heavily linked to us. All dropping down the draft order due to not performing as predicted.

If any club asked my kid to do that I'd politely tell them to * off. You'd be crazy to want to slip down the draft order with no guarantee of being drafted.

Definitely need our own collective noun here:

A range of Hills...
A Mound of Hills...
A Swag of Hills...
A Clutch of Hills...
A Rise of Hills...
A Swagger of Hills...
A Blanket of Hills...
A Triumvirate of Hills... (Triumvirate: noun - a regime or territory ruled or dominated by three powerful individuals... it's accurate at least)

A Troika of Hills...
A Triptych of Hills...
A Threesome of Hills... (err, maybe not!)

A Thrill of Hills... :D (...yeah, that'll do nicely!)

Imagine being a prospective draftee who is in everyone's first round phantoms (and invited to attend the draft) and then you don't get picked today and have to wait until tomorrow to see if (and who by) you'll be drafted... It's hard enough for us having to wait an extra day, spare a thought for the draftees themselves.
Harley Balic was invited and then slipped....and slipped

so we get a pick then, What happens with NGA and academies, does the first round extend or do some teams simply get pushed out of the first round and have to wait til tomorrow
Some teams will get pushing into the first round by the father son and academy picks, clubs like Sydney, North and Collingwood don't have first round picks but will feature as their players are bid on and matched. The first round will extend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Stocker, Valente, Collier-Dawkins. Any chance any of them are there at our second pick? I'm guessing not.
No chance. Our pick 31 will probably turn into pick 36-38 (depending if McFayden and Briggs get early bids). Unless there's a slider, the best we could hope for would be the likes of Foley, Kennerley or Stack.

Since we are in the mood for word games, if we draft Bobby Hill then he shall be called:

Hillus Trismegistus ( The thrice-greatest Hill )
Minimus Collis

No chance. Our pick 31 will probably turn into pick 36-38 (depending if McFayden and Briggs get early bids). Unless there's a slider, the best we could hope for would be the likes of Foley, Kennerley or Stack.
I agree that we are no chance for any of those blokes but the actual number of the pick is irrelevant unless you consider the academy and F/s players available.

We will still have the 31st selection of non-academy/fs players (assuming all bids are matched).

I agree that we are no chance for any of those blokes but the actual number of the pick is irrelevant unless you consider the academy and F/s players available.

We will still have the 31st selection of non-academy/fs players (assuming all bids are matched).
Yeah, not sure why everyone includes those 'other' players as picks.

Word on the street is that O'Reilly is talented, but lacks work ethic.

Will be interesting to see if/when he's selected.

O'Reilly is really the high ceiling pick ...I'd love to get him.

If any club asked my kid to do that I'd politely tell them to **** off. You'd be crazy to want to slip down the draft order with no guarantee of being drafted.
Yes, of course you are right. But O'Reilly got moved to defence after doing well as a forward didn't he? And Fremantle has had plenty of opportunity to control the output of Carter after he was moved to Peel. In that situation they can control his development to an extent while monitoring his exposure. Every signal is that we will take him despite his very limited season, and ahead of Medhat, who looks to have had the better year.

Check back over threads on here and many posters were seeing Hill in the top 5 and Carter needing us to find a first round pick from somewhere. O'Reilly was talked about as someone we should wage war with the AFL to secure as a F/S selection (despite pretty flimsy rationale for doing that), yet now is not included by many as an option for our last pick.

I'm hanging onto my conspiracy theory, and expect those ducks to fall in line. Can I chuck in Stack as well even though he is not aligned?

Yes, of course you are right. But O'Reilly got moved to defence after doing well as a forward didn't he? And Fremantle has had plenty of opportunity to control the output of Carter after he was moved to Peel. In that situation they can control his development to an extent while monitoring his exposure. Every signal is that we will take him despite his very limited season, and ahead of Medhat, who looks to have had the better year.

Check back over threads on here and many posters were seeing Hill in the top 5 and Carter needing us to find a first round pick from somewhere. O'Reilly was talked about as someone we should wage war with the AFL to secure as a F/S selection (despite pretty flimsy rationale for doing that), yet now is not included by many as an option for our last pick.

I'm hanging onto my conspiracy theory, and expect those ducks to fall in line. Can I chuck in Stack as well even though he is not aligned?
I am no conspiracy theorist, but I didn't think there was a major talent difference between Rankine and Hill having watched last years u18 champs. Now they look chalk and cheese.

That said, blokes having down 18th years is pretty common, especially when injuries are involved.

You can definitely chuck in Stack since our resident informant (Tundra) has been bad mouthing him all year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back