Pick 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be able to move up to GWS's pick 28 if we think hill will still be there. would need to get past WC, Crows, Swans, Melbourne, Gold Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#14 (Geel) - Sam Sturt (VIC)
Height, Weight: 188cm, 79kg

Profile: Class act who suits the new age medium marking forward prototype. Has been considered a bolter yet some recruiters had earmarked him as a top 20 at the start of June. Possesses arguably the best left foot kick to a target and on goal in this draft.

Strange pick.

I thought you guys were lining up Warren Woodville-West Torrens

Pretty clear by what Bell and Co say on Freo website that they see Sturt going through the middle in time, to end up being tall midfielder who goes forward.

Looking at his highlights.... yeh I get that. Lots of clearance possessions leadings to goals, but looks tidy around the contest.. needs a bigger tank to go through the midfield and bulk up a bit, but could be a better kicking Avartar MkII

Combine results were impressive! and seriously large hands. Holding the microphone after being picked ... in interview.. they looked huge buckets!

Really happy with the Sturt pick. Seems like exactly the sort of player we need, although this may spell the end for McCarthy..

On hill, yes he is talented, but maybe the club feel he is more josh hill than Stephen... If so, then west coast can have him!

still not sure on that. Why not have both. Medhat wouldn't exactly cost us anything as a cat B rookie? Collingwood have DeGoey + Stephenson + Hoskin Elliot, key is they just need to be able to rotate through the midfield.
I thought he had very good moments, but felt he was borderline at best (i.e. consistency of good performance), and I don't think players are just going to be gifted Cat B spots unless the club believe they have a relatively good chance of being added to the main list in the future, especially as (by all reports), we potentially have some good ones coming though over the next few years.
He still has time to prove himself, but he will just have to do it the usual way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back