(Log in to remove this ad.)

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not sure about the love for Mason Shaw, to me he was a bog average player who couldn't get near it often enough as a forward to even be considered for an AFL gig, and when he was moved to defence he wasn't particularly successful in that role either.

From memory his mother made a fuss when he was delisted by Port, including ringing 5double crow and throwing all of her toys out of the cot, and as far as I am aware neither of the WA AFL clubs showed any interest in redrafting him.
Shaw had some injuries too though right? I personally didn't agree with him being moved down back, it was a waste of time. The club pulled that with Frampton and Lobbe too instead of playing them in their actual spots or trade/drafting in players to play down back.

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Shaw had some injuries too though right? I personally didn't agree with him being moved down back, it was a waste of time. The club pulled that with Frampton and Lobbe too instead of playing them in their actual spots or trade/drafting in players to play down back.
I can't recall Shaw having many injuries as opposed to eg Frampton who missed most of his first season with leg problems, and saw him as a fairly one dimensional player who struggled to have any impact if he couldn't mark the ball, and assumed he was moved down back to expand his game.

From memory there were rumours from very early that he wasn't happy in SA, so it was no great surprise to me he was delisted.

Fivepots

hmm
Nov 20, 2018
south
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sick of people making comments on players they don’t watch

Incorrect I've watched him plenty

Scared of a contest?

The kid has nearly killed half a dozen of his own teammates from launching himself into packs.

That's negligent he' supposed to split packs and nearly kill the oppo
not scout the contest waiting for the cheap spill or handout like a rover

and that’s from a kf we drafted who was a stick meant to be years away who only just played his first complete season because both his parents died in each of the previous 2 seasons.

anyone who is even 1/2 port Adelaide knows his terrible past there's no need to post it here looking for instant support or an extra couple of like's

What he’s lacking is confidence and 5 kgs..

Agreed but will it arrive ?

Literally the 2 easiest things to ever develop in a key forward.

As opposed to trying to teach Daniel Stewart how to football, or Sam gray to be 20cms taller...

I have my opinion of him as a player at afl level only and I hope i'm proven wrong but atm I have my doubts

Top Bottom