Jasper Pittard

Remove this Banner Ad

We should hold on to Jasper if we at all can. A back line of Jasper, Hombsch and the two Tommies all playing well is one of the best in the AFL.

Houston and Broadbent before Pittard.

That statement followed up by nothing ****s me off like no other

Butcher, O'Shea and Mitchell delisted.
Hartlett shopped around.

Much ruthless.

#wewereportadelaide

I didn't think Jasper was too bad yesterday. According to the AFL site he had 26 possessions and an 87% efficiency rate. The guy who has lost it big tine is Byrne-Jones. If I were to drop anyone from the defence it would be DBJ.
Hartlett?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Jasper bombs on goal are a flop

2017 0.6
2016 1.5
2015 2.4
------------
2014 3.5.......6.20 since he kicked 2.1 in Rd 17 2013.
2013 3.2 Kicked 1.0 in Rd 1, 0.1 in Rd 14, 2.1 in Rd 17
----------
........9.22 in the Hinkley era
2012 0.0
2011 3.2
----------
........ 11.24 for career

Houston and Broadbent before Pittard.

Lol broadbent is behind pittard in every single way. And Houston is a different player

Defense - pittard well over broady. When was the last time anyone ever saw broady get given a defensive assignment ? Has it ever actually happened ? And Houston isn't a real defensive player more an intercepting marker.

Kicking - Houston

Broadbent ? Jack of all trades master of none ?

Not sure how this obsession with defenders kicking for goal came about. Ask some people about Matt Suckling's kicking for goal and the likelihood is that most would say he was pretty accurate where the actual truth is that in the last two seasons he has kicked 15.24 for the Bulldogs.
Although Stuart Dew was effective and accurate as a goalscoring defender early in his career.

Lol broadbent is behind pittard in every single way. And Houston is a different player
Defense - pittard well over broady. When was the last time anyone ever saw broady get given a defensive assignment ? Has it ever actually happened ? And Houston isn't a real defensive player more an intercepting marker.
Kicking - Houston
Broadbent ? Jack of all trades master of none ?

Broadbent's best games in the past two years have been when he has been moved into the midfield, I wouldn't use him to permanently replace any of our midfield players but surely Ken should keep him in mind if one of our midfielders is getting a bath. And then there would be what the midfielder could do in another position. I once saw Nathan Buckley for Collingwood getting towelled up and moving to full-forward where he kicked 3 quick goals. Mark Ricciuto and Patrick Dangerfield have done that too.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-08-29/contracts-two-extend

Our boy has just signed on for another 3, after missing another long bomb on the weekend...

Good to have his contract sorted!
Needs to ask Houston how to kick a long bomb goal on the run or set shot as a fellow defender, lol.

Good to have him stick around though, he could be a Jonas-esque bargain if he returns to form as I don't think he'd be on the same coin he would've warranted had he been AA squad standard like he was last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back