Senior 17. Brodie Kemp

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Docherty clearly had something to do with his new haircut

images

Of his highlights package, which features lots of marking and a couple of nice goals, the most exciting bit is where he 1-2s a handball at half back and absolutely scythes through a pack at pace. He's half a head taller than the players around him but can MOVE. Looks very very powerful.
Yeah that's the best part of the video in my opinion too. With that height & aerial ability, the speed & agility combined with being a natural footballer and ball winner we might have gotten ourselves a Richo style wingman I reckon. Could be a real game changer for us if he makes a good recovery from the knee injury.

SOS is a genius. Everyone we wanted at pick 9 was taken and he knew we could nab Kemp further down the order so he traded down. Absolutely stoked with this pick! Welcome to the club Brodie

Could the draft scribes tell me why SOS would be so sure Kemp would be there at 17? Could he also have had another slider in mind at that pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could the draft scribes tell me why SOS would be so sure Kemp would be there at 17? Could he also have had another slider in mind at that pick?

He knew there was some risk attached, but he probably thought once he got past Hawthorn’s pick he’d be safe with Stephens on the board for Geelong and Port prioritising outside players.

It was still a gamble to target him at that point.

Really hard to say what sort of player he is from highlights. Some suggest a medium marking forward, some suggest a centerman, some suggest a running half back. It's surprising how quick he is for his size and how he can provide good marking with all of that. Makes it hard to compare him to other players.

Welcome Brodie, pretty happy with this deal Sos has done considering Serong and Stephens werre gone :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back