Senior 17. Brodie Kemp

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else notice he seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder in the vids put up by the club so far?
I don't mind a bit of confidence, so long as it's respectful.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sometimes nervousness brings out odd little traits that may not be there otherwise.

If he has a chip on his shoulder, it will be knocked off quick enough as it may have been with Stocker who sounds quite different to how he sounded 12 months ago. Maybe it will reappear again, but if that's ones nature, that's how it may be. As long as he can football, at the end of the day.
The CFC does have a few 'cocky' types right now and all being well, they can use that confidence to the advantage of the club.

:blueheart::blueheart::blueheart: this.

Mic'd Up - Brodie's big night ...

Vid

I love how he calls Juddy "Chris".
He must have been so nervous he didnt wanna call him Juddy. I dont think anyone has called him Chris in years (except his mum)

Anyone else notice he seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder in the vids put up by the club so far?
I don't mind a bit of confidence, so long as it's respectful.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
It might also be frustration, he looks confident but knows his injury is the main reason he slid so far.

Hopefully he uses it as fuel to show what he's got in the second half of the season.

Ideal situation for Kemp would be to work solidly on his fitness, maybe play the last month or so in the reserves and then go into a big preseason.

Shame he's unavailable as I think he would play games this year. Back pocket would have been ideal. Stints up forward. etc.

Get him primed for 2021, this guy could be a really special player. Very rare to have a guy that size able to run that quick and take marks overhead and be able to play all areas and have a decent footy brain. Usually there is something missing.

Can see that he will have some catching up to do conditioning and endurance wise as most first year players do and that is what this season should be all about for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:blueheart::blueheart::blueheart: this.

Mic'd Up - Brodie's big night ...

Vid

I've watched the vid a few time now, you can see how absolutely ecstatic he was being selected for the navy blue.

When he asked Rowell and Anderson how they were feeling, their response was a non committal 'good'.....when they asked how he was, Kemp's response was "ecstatic, unbelievable, can't believe it".

I do feel for those kids drafted to the Gold Coast, when they would dearly love to be playing for a big club, more professional, and in front of big crowds at the MCG....every kid's dream.

Hopefully Brodie will get to live his dream very soon.

Very excited about Kemp - star of the future. Such a beast. Cripps, Setterfield and Kemp will be a freakish trio.

He spends the next year rehabbing, learning good habits, playing a few VFL games - basically one very long pre-season heading into 2021. We just need patience, a little bit of luck and he’ll be raring to go.

We effectively used Pick 17 on a top 5 2020 draft pick. Pure Moneyball from SOS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back