Last edited by a moderator:

Garters

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Sorry mate gave you a dislike.
Crosswell a legend.
Kennedy gets a bum rap by too many on here.
With all the nepotism innuendo, why jam the SOS kids in to single digits, just because.

(loved Harmes, like Ben in 37, loved Setters taking 43)
Spot on, I second that

Old navy

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2014
Eastern Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Brodie makes the trade with Crows a massive win.
Kemp was consensus top 3-5 pick after champs, Stocker we had as the 6th best player on our board in 2018, would expect Philp would have been rated as a top 15-20 pick too

So basically pick 4 net us, two top ten propects, one of them, from one of the strongest drafts we’ve seen in recent times, another who if didn’t get injured would have gone top 5 without doubt, and another late 1st rounder just to put a cherry on top.
Kemp pick 5-10
Stocker pick 6-10
Philp pick 15-20
Great deal for us. Thanks SOS and Crows

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Brodie makes the trade with Crows a massive win.
Kemp was consensus top 3-5 pick after champs, Stocker we had as the 6th best player on our board in 2018, would expect Philp would have been rated as a top 15-20 pick too

So basically pick 4 net us, two top ten propects, one of them, from one of the strongest drafts we’ve seen in recent times, another who if didn’t get injured would have gone top 5 without doubt, and another late 1st rounder just to put a cherry on top.
Kemp pick 5-10
Stocker pick 6-10
Philp pick 15-20
Great deal for us. Thanks SOS and Crows

One of BigFooty’s biggest trolls (Freo supporter, says it all) was adamant after the trade that teams like Carlton shouldn’t trade down. Only teams like Hawthorn and Geelong because they have list managers “who know what they’re doing”.

I have to say that supporting Carlton as a poster on BigFooty is pretty special. Because we get to read some really dumb posts that people say about Carlton lol. To get the 3 players we got for one draft pick, which ended up being an interesting choice, for Adelaide, is sensational.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
One of BigFooty’s biggest trolls (Freo supporter, says it all) was adamant after the trade that teams like Carlton shouldn’t trade down. Only teams like Hawthorn and Geelong because they have list managers “who know what they’re doing”.

I have to say that supporting Carlton as a poster on BigFooty is pretty special. Because we get to read some really dumb posts that people say about Carlton lol. To get the 3 players we got for one draft pick, which ended up being an interesting choice, for Adelaide, is sensational.

I doubt BK plays many games next year in the seniors (I firmly believe the club must and will take the conservative/patient path in his recovery) but in years to come, many clubs will regret passing up on this kid.

No pressure, but I am very confident Brodie will be a very, very special player, and certainly seems to have a level headed maturity about him as well, which is an added bonus as well.

Will take a bit longer to unwrap one of our final presents from Santa aka SOS, but he will be worth the wait.

how exciting to have a beast like kemp locked away prepping for a late season release? his first significant piece of play in the number 17 will no doubt have me turning to hbf, meb and the two shmoofs with a "what the * just happened?" look on my face.............

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Where do you guys think Kemp will get his start with us positionally?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably similar to Setterfield last year. Give him stints up forward and at half-back while slowly building his midfield minutes.

Might be halfway through 2021 before he debuts, pending our form and the development of someone like Philp.

Where do you guys think Kemp will get his start with us positionally?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Capable of playing pretty much anywhere we or he wants to. May start off on a flank, hope we train him with the midfield. Can become a real utility type, not the pretend sort.

No pressure, but I am very confident Brodie will be a very, very special player, and certainly seems to have a level headed maturity about him as well, which is an added bonus as well.
Can confirm.

Great kid from a great family.

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Capable of playing pretty much anywhere we or he wants to. May start off on a flank, hope we train him with the midfield. Can become a real utility type, not the pretend sort.
Agreed. I’m thinking a game or two off the bench, playing predominantly off back flank.
Then add a bit of forward time and eventually midfield once he’s got his tank up.

Old navy

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2014
Eastern Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Agreed. I’m thinking a game or two off the bench, playing predominantly off back flank.
Then add a bit of forward time and eventually midfield once he’s got his tank up.

Yeah half back would be a good for his development, once he’s closer to the finished product, suspect he could be the unicorn of the AFL these days, the 192cm+ elite level midfielder that can dominate the clearances and contested ball, then also go forward and dominate, the Fyfe Bont Cripps prototype.

Back