Last edited by a moderator:
May 29, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
What I see -

Kemp on a wing instead of Newnes
Philp in the backline maybe taking over from Simpson...in time.

All may have stints in the midfield, but have to find a home to settle in and develop from.
Kemp as a Matthew Richardson style wingman, nightmare matchup!

Kemp as a Matthew Richardson style wingman, nightmare matchup!

I seems it could be that way.
Given what I've seen of him (limited admittedly) the tools are all there in place and then a 192cm height is icing on that cake.

Can see Kemp pushing off his opponent with ease and once he has an inch of leeway, he's gone. Doesn't hurt he's a good mark either.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
ferrisb wish of the day: Kemp to end up playing whatever position it is that Elliot Yeo plays....

Yeo is an apt example too that immediacy is unimportant with a package like Kemp. He was always going to take time to find his strength, fill his frame, build his tank, know his body, understand his power etc. Knee or no knee, he was gonna need some time. Real power athletes do. About year 3 they go HELLO and year 4 they go BANG. Danger, Yeo, DeGoey etc for examples.

I think Dow is in this mould too.

Yeo is an apt example too that immediacy is unimportant with a package like Kemp. He was always going to take time to find his strength, fill his frame, build his tank, know his body, understand his power etc. Knee or no knee, he was gonna need some time. Real power athletes do. About year 3 they go HELLO and year 4 they go BANG. Danger, Yeo, DeGoey etc for examples.

I think Dow is in this mould too.

The explosive player development is slow, but the ferrisb is patient....

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
It might be SOS's finest achievement yet. Heap of clubs overlook Brodie due to the amount of time that he will miss due to injury. Total time out of the game might be one game??

Same with Docherty. Mayo Clinic researchers have suggested "that delay in returning to sports for nearly 2 years will significantly reduce the incidence of second ACL injuries", so if we don't get back to a season at all this year, it could really suit these guys quite well in the long run.

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
It might be SOS's finest achievement yet. Heap of clubs overlook Brodie due to the amount of time that he will miss due to injury. Total time out of the game might be one game??

And that we were the only club not to trade into the 2020 draft.
Limit the numbers in staff, and committee members, and there’s a role there for someone to make their own..

And that we were the only club not to trade into the 2020 draft.
Limit the numbers in staff, and committee members, and there’s a role there for someone to make their own..
Maybe with the cuts to staff we need to rehire SOS to be the List Manager and Recruiting team on his own.

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
All the pressure is now fully on the coaches. SOS and the recruiting team have put a top notch list together and from here, it’s purely around development. No excuses, and let’s hope Teague and his men are up to the challenge as a lot of work and pain has been completed to get us here. Hopefully the change of the senior coach last year showed that management are aligned.

All the pressure is now fully on the coaches. SOS and the recruiting team have put a top notch list together and from here, it’s purely around development. No excuses, and let’s hope Teague and his men are up to the challenge as a lot of work and pain has been completed to get us here. Hopefully the change of the senior coach last year showed that management are aligned.
Agreed.

Looking forward to the real Round 1. Pretty sure the one I thought we saw was just a fever dream...

djholmes

All Australian
Oct 9, 2007
Tasmania
AFL Club
Carlton
Team next season:

B: Plowman-----------------Jones-----------------Newman

H: Docherty---------------Weitering--------------Marchbank

C: Newnes------------------Cripps-----------------O'Brien

H: Cuningham-------------C.Curnow--------------Martin

F: Betts---------------------McKay-----------------McGovern