Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

Came across this blog post, which I don't believe has been circulated on here but really deserves to for the delicious summary of gifs.

https://onballers.com/2017/09/01/sgt-powell-pepper-collects-kills-not-awards/

First time I've stumbled on this particular blog, some interesting artwork available from an associate:

sgt-powell-pepper-prints.jpg

https://society6.com/product/sgt-powell-pepper_print#s6-7577533p4a1v46
This is the best thing I've read

Came across this blog post, which I don't believe has been circulated on here but really deserves to for the delicious summary of gifs.
https://onballers.com/2017/09/01/sgt-powell-pepper-collects-kills-not-awards/
First time I've stumbled on this particular blog, some interesting artwork available from an associate:

sgt-powell-pepper-prints.jpg

https://society6.com/product/sgt-powell-pepper_print#s6-7577533p4a1v46

It's mentioned in that blog that Knightmare was comparing SPP to Tom Bell before he was drafted. From Bell's stats and the comments on aflplayeratings Bell in his 6th year has nearly been caught up by SPP. Bell has missed quite a few games through injury but has also been dropped to the VFL and NEAFL often. Bell was recruited to Carlton with their no 14 pick in the 2012 rookie draft. In 2015 he was traded to the Lions with pick 41 for picks 21 and 60.

It's mentioned in that blog that Knightmare was comparing SPP to Tom Bell before he was drafted. From Bell's stats and the comments on aflplayeratings Bell in his 6th year has nearly been caught up by SPP. Bell has missed quite a few games through injury but has also been dropped to the VFL and NEAFL often. Bell was recruited to Carlton with their no 14 pick in the 2012 rookie draft. In 2015 he was traded to the Lions with pick 41 for picks 21 and 60.

Early doors I rated Bell, big strong bully of a footballer who had enough smarts to contribute up forward too. Now he's kind of stabilised as a not quite there player, but still enjoyable to watch.

Freo have actually drafted a similar sort that's generated a bit of excitement from my mate for his highlights. Some of you may have seen him play for Sturt, Mitch Crowden. Quads on him are freakish.

I actually don't know who he plays for (and I don't even care enough to Google)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Originally Carlton, now he's at Brisbane.
He has a face that's both memorable yet forgettable.
BELL%20Tom.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hellgood swatting the dickheads as usual
Hope your Christmas was great Hellgood

Haha I'm just a grumpy bastard on here, but I'm not sure how someone could follow the game and not be exposed to Tom Bell whose been around for six years or so. As mentioned by AusHorrorStory he kicked the winning/game breaking goal against us in that bizarre last day at AAMI so even if insular enough to be in a Port-only bubble there's enough reason to curse his name for the rest of his career in the AFL.

Was a good christmas, off work for a couple of weeks hope everyone here had a good one too

Haha I'm just a grumpy bastard on here, but I'm not sure how someone could follow the game and not be exposed to Tom Bell whose been around for six years or so. As mentioned by AusHorrorStory he kicked the winning/game breaking goal against us in that bizarre last day at AAMI so even if insular enough to be in a Port-only bubble there's enough reason to curse his name for the rest of his career in the AFL.

Was a good christmas, off work for a couple of weeks hope everyone here had a good one too
I don't think I am an ignorant follower.

Nor do I GAF whether people on BigFooty think I am cool.

I recognised the name but I legitimately couldn't have told you who he plays for or what he looks like or what position until now.

Your assumptions are wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Originally Carlton, now he's at Brisbane.
He has a face that's both memorable yet forgettable.
BELL%20Tom.png
Doesn't look Korean at all.

Tony f*****g Jones reckons he'd never heard of Tom Jonas until he ripped the media to shreds in that article of his.
The best part was the irony of him saying that after Yonus highlighted their lack of professionalism when they can't even identify a best 22 player in a team from their main sport of reporting.

Tony Jones is a campaigner and will likely only be remembered for his creeping on Rebecca Judd.

The best part was the irony of him saying that after Yonus highlighted their lack of professionalism when they can't even identify a best 22 player in a team from their main sport of reporting.

Tony Jones is a campaigner and will likely only be remembered for his creeping on Rebecca Judd.

All of the "responses'" by people in the media to Jonas' article simply took the piss out of him.

To this day, I am yet to see anyone actually answer any of his criticisms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back