Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations Peps. Really nailed it this year. Fatherhood is working for you 👍

Yep was my winner ahead of Rozee and Marshall as well. Busted his arse every week.

I thought he grew into the role this year. The last 6-10 games he started to show more polish and looked like a forward rather than a bash and crash merchant. proved to have some tricks and hit up players on a lead regularly. Probably needs to improve upon his snap/ in play goals to take the next step into AA territory, but I really like him in the HFF role. Reminds of me of Paul Chapman.

Went from being a 20 year old kid to a young father within 18 months… a bit like your mate Dyl Williams?

C'mon Rangain it's Christmas today, surely you can take a day off from being ornery?

Sam is 24 now and is doing great by the looks.

Last edited:
SPP took on extra strength and conditioning training before he was even drafted to bridge the gap between U18 comp and AFL level, and managed to impress in his debut season. I'm sure the Williams comparison is in jest but hindsight shows us a stark difference in the two players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His kicking is a bit frustrating because he doesn't have a bad action & can thump it long.. I think other clubs would've sorted it out.

I’d be working on my side step if I was Pep

Tackle Waterboy GIF by The Human Tackboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back