Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

The Shaker

GTHO7101.jpg

E-XYGTHOPhase3shaker2-4.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

494548.jpg

You can tell how nervous he was in that interview. Must be daunting for a young fella.

I liked the bit where he got asked what it's like playing with Ollie Wines and forming the bash brothers and he did a few ums and ahs and tried to think of a cliche before deciding on 'it's amazing to be a bash brother with him' :D

Told you.
Shakes60 seeing you gave us the good oil on Sam when we drafted him back in November and have been watching him since his junior days at Mount Hawthorn Cardinals, I'm wondering if you can answer a couple questions about him.

Over the last few weeks I've heard half a dozen people from the club and now Glenn Jakovich say he had it tough growing up. I've heard him mention his dad a couple of times but not his mum. Did Sam's mum pass away when he was a lot younger and is this what they have been referring to? Is one of his surnames his mum's family name and why he wont do a Jasper Pittard and drop mum's family name from his name to make it easier for the soft media to pronounce his name?

Is there anything else worth telling us about from his junior days that you didn't mention in your post about him in November? Do you know anything about his brother's footy achievements? He looks like a bloody big 16 year old lad.

Allen. That's him, thanks mate. What a player when on song. Didn't lack self belief either, just quietly.
Btw they're from WA? and if so did Allen every play for the WCE?
Yes from WA, Allen played for South Freemantle in the WAFL and Woodville in the SNAFL (was dating the flatmate of a friend of mine for a while). Played for Melbourne and Western Bulldogs in the VFL.

Yes from WA, Allen played for South Freemantle in the WAFL and Woodville in the SNAFL (was dating the flatmate of a friend of mine for a while). Played for Melbourne and Western Bulldogs in the VFL.
He had a swagger. Maybe he was a flawed diamond coz on footy talent alone he could have been anything.
Glen was a rock for the WCE at CHB but on footy talent and 'smarts' Allen shaded him imo. I know we're not
comparing apples with apples, one being a fwd and the other a back man.
Speaking of this era Peter Matera could play a bit.

He had a swagger. Maybe he was a flawed diamond coz on footy talent alone he could have been anything.
Glen was a rock for the WCE at CHB but on footy talent and 'smarts' Allen shaded him imo. I know we're not
comparing apples with apples, one being a fwd and the other a back man.
Speaking of this era Peter Matera could play a bit.
You're right, Peter Matera was a great player. Those bomb goals in the GF against Geelong (and many other games) were fantastic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allen. That's him, thanks mate. What a player when on song. Didn't lack self belief either, just quietly.
Btw they're from WA? and if so did Allen every play for the WCE?

I remember watching this game. What a character.

While watching 'Marvel Agents of Sheild' the other day my youngster called me in saying Sam Powell-Pepper was on the show. I think I see it now!

upload_2017-3-29_15-22-11.png

Shakes60 seeing you gave us the good oil on Sam when we drafted him back in November and have been watching him since his junior days at Mount Hawthorn Cardinals, I'm wondering if you can answer a couple questions about him.

Over the last few weeks I've heard half a dozen people from the club and now Glenn Jakovich say he had it tough growing up. I've heard him mention his dad a couple of times but not his mum. Did Sam's mum pass away when he was a lot younger and is this what they have been referring to? Is one of his surnames his mum's family name and why he wont do a Jasper Pittard and drop mum's family name from his name to make it easier for the soft media to pronounce his name?

Is there anything else worth telling us about from his junior days that you didn't mention in your post about him in November? Do you know anything about his brother's footy achievements? He looks like a bloody big 16 year old lad.

With respect, I'll decline to answer.

It's not an appropriate discussion for a fan forum.

Enjoy the ride.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back