Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

Incarnate

Premiership Player
Jan 11, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah..... well, for all you pot pissers I'll take him as he is.
Rough round the edges but true with heart.
The insatiable love for the contest is envious.
Bursts, smashes, obliterates and decimates.
But far smarter than you all think.
This Bloke is only 21. Forty odd games.
I would love to be prophetic of his future but would rather watch this star develop.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He's become much cleaner at collecting the ball and much smarter in his movement once he has it. Moving around the traffic and forwards rather than into the traffic or backwards.

If he can just clean up his decision making and disposal a fraction he will become elite.

When he explodes through traffic he creates more time than he realises.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Leaveit2charlie

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
"Beast Mode"

547339223af0d84b4e944b79f346d8ef.jpg

Apologies to Marshawn Lynch.

Apr 27, 2002
2004 Premiers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers, Newcastle
I can't figure out how to attach or make a better version of this but check out SPP giving his teammate a speed boost

* me, that is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen on a footy field lol!!!

Imagined soundtrack in SPP's head "NO DBJ!!!! ******* move it!! Get over THAT side of him!! I've got this side covered."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Persist with this guy, he’s an impact machine. the burst in heavy congestion he has is limited to very few players in the AFL. Reminds me of D.Martin he struggled to run out games barely put up big numbers and then put together one of the best seasons of all time.

A fair few people say play key forwards at AFL level because they need to adjust to AFL level not SANFL, this guy probably has more truth in that than all our forwards combined.

Also side note: please don’t play him forward. Would rather him 66% game time than playing forward. Just because he’s powerful it doesn’t make him Nat Fyfe.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
Persist with this guy, he’s an impact machine. the burst in heavy congestion he has is limited to very few players in the AFL. Reminds me of D.Martin he struggled to run out games barely put up big numbers and then put together one of the best seasons of all time.
Martin is highly skilled and SPP will never get to that level. He makes contest after contest like no other player in our side though, so hopefully his skills and composure continue to improve over time.

I can't recall him getting caught with a fend off this season and his holding the ball stats must be well down, he's definitely improving his composure.

Excited to see how good this kid can be

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If he fixes his composure and disposal he has the potential to not only be the best player on our list but a top 10 player in the league. Loved the way he has just been bursting out of packs time and time again this year.
Now he's bursting out of packs, rather than looking for the fend off I think he's yet to fully realise this is giving him more time to dispose of the ball. He has that extra half a second now to spot up the best option and will hopefully in time realise this and start doing it.

Amarula

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Western suburbs (Melb)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Indomitable Lions
I know thisis stating the obvious, but if we’re going to persist with Houston as a mid, it could be Peps who misses out.

It certainly throws Peps a big challenge to take the next step. Which I’m sure he’s capable of.

Peps with good ball use would be ... irrepressible!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back