Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

SPP is very important to the midfield because he's the guy that doesnt allow the run of 4 or 5 goals, last year we hardly ever got a run-on against us mainly because SPP was just smashing the midfield open and the opposition never got clean ball out of the middle, it didnt matter that he was sloppy at times because what he was doing with his body hurt the oppo players. He takes out out of your comfort zone where its hard to play with any confidence

SPP is very important to the midfield because he's the guy that doesnt allow the run of 4 or 5 goals, last year we hardly ever got a run-on against us mainly because SPP was just smashing the midfield open and the opposition never got clean ball out of the middle, it didnt matter that he was sloppy at times because what he was doing with his body hurt the oppo players. He takes out out of your comfort zone where its hard to play with any confidence

Spot on Duke

I really want to see SPP and Butters in the middle. They'd both bring a huge amount of energy. Butters I reckon has the cleanest hands in the whole side also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are seeing some smoke around the reasons why the board wanted to move him on. Lots unpublicised. We have always tried to do right by him, but we basically told him enough is enough and that he can't keep abusing the generosity. Time to grow up.

You are seeing some smoke around the reasons why the board wanted to move him on. Lots unpublicised. We have always tried to do right by him, but we basically told him enough is enough and that he can't keep abusing the generosity. Time to grow up.

Regardless, should never be the board's call.

Regardless, should never be the board's call.

It wasn't really, it was information that was fed upwards to the board who were onboard with moving him if that's what the footy department wanted to do - they weren't going to direct it. It wasn't so much them pushing for it, but a floated idea because of known issues. Not really that surprising for something like that to be at least loosely discussed at board level. They wouldn't even know about it if the CEO/Pres hadn't of raised it.

His list of indiscretions is so small time it's not even worth a half-beryl reaction, I'd be really disappointed in the club if they gave up on him.

*Publicly known indiscretions.

His indiscretions are not victimless.

EDIT: I got a number of PMs about this. No, they are not subject to court proceedings or anything to that level.

Last edited:
His indiscretions are not victimless.

EDIT: I got a number of PMs about this. No, they are not subject to court proceedings or anything to that level.

Stop being a gossip queen and share it then.

If he's that s**t of a bloke then it's disappointing they keep welcoming him back in.

Stop being a gossip queen and share it then.

If he's that sh*t of a bloke then it's disappointing they keep welcoming him back in.

No. I won't share it, for several reasons. One of them down the list being that the club watch this forum closer than ever, and I have been tapped on the shoulder and told not to disclose things anymore. At the top of the list would be that downplaying the suffering of others is a full blown campaigner of a thing to do, and trying to goad me into revealing it by suggesting they are "small time victims" or "not even worth a half-beryl" is pretty ******* sickening tbh.

There is nothing small about this, he needs to get his act together and become a better person. I think he can do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back