Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont know if anyone else noticed, but in both of Dixons mark/goals, Georgiades' hands were directly behind Dixon's ... In the first one it is Georgie's mark, until Dixon slides in front to take it. Easily would have slotted another two if they werent competing with one another in marking contests

Once Dixon goes, this boy will go to the next level!

Has easily been our best kf since he’s returned

Also of note, both of Dixon’s big clunk marks were taken by coming across and snatching them from Georgiades who was sitting under them and 100% had them. So could easily have been a 4 goal haul for Mitch.

I can’t ******* wait until Dixon is gone and our forward line is Mitch , Todd and one of lord / Scully.
Yeah I said that earlier too, he pinched them from Mitch bastard lol

Dont know if anyone else noticed, but in both of Dixons mark/goals, Georgiades' hands were directly behind Dixon's ... In the first one it is Georgie's mark, until Dixon slides in front to take it. Easily would have slotted another two if they werent competing with one another in marking contests

Once Dixon goes, this boy will go to the next level!
100%. Once Dixon goes to the Big Garage in the sky, the forward line should be very exciting. And obviously a new coach would help that a lot.

God how much talent does he have.

Looks so fit.

SPP looks rustier after a month off than Mitch with a year off
MG did play in preseason and the SANFL etc.

SPP only played 1 preseason game and then no SANFL - so is at least 5 recent games behind. No surprise at all. I was expecting him to be our sub.

Shining light so far
7 goals in 3 games is a great return
I always pigeonholed him as a one dimensional full forward type, similar to Hodges
But first game back he hit some contests up on hf/ wing, won a contested ball & shot out a beautiful handpass to a player running on goal. I never thought he had that field play skill/ vision

I get the sense he has the most upside of the three (MG, Marshall, Lord) provided he doesn’t have recurring trouble with the ACL. I like the idea of our main key forward being a more athletic type than Dixon, hopefully the end of Dixon’s career will see an end to the “bomb it to Dixon” plan we have entering 50 and Mitch can make the most of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back