News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope he continues in last nights fashion I'm sick of shitcanning every bloke that leaves.. except Bonner
Well I will never shitcan him. But I will be disappointed. Ah well, he wanted to leave and we are a fair club but I really wanted us to keep the three Amigos from one of our best tactical drafts ever.

It's weird. I really didn't want to lose him but seeing him in Essendon colours doesn't bother me at all. I don't think we're missing him, but those two goals he kicked were pretty good.

It's weird. I really didn't want to lose him but seeing him in Essendon colours doesn't bother me at all. I don't think we're missing him, but those two goals he kicked were pretty good.

But we are. He'd perfectly slot into the vacant wing spot at the moment.

BZT was the worst defender in the AFL last year, we could have kept X and still pulled off the trade.

Well I will never shitcan him. But I will be disappointed. Ah well, he wanted to leave and we are a fair club but I really wanted us to keep the three Amigos from one of our best tactical drafts ever.
Be disappointed in what made him from having complete buy-in to the club, asking Brad Ebert's permission to wear the #7, to getting traded.

We didn't need to trade Duursma to get BZT. The club's prior actions are what resulted in him being involved in the trade.

But we are. He'd perfectly slot into the vacant wing spot at the moment.

BZT was the worst defender in the AFL last year, we could have kept X and still pulled off the trade.
BZT was the worst defender because he was playing out of position for him. He was playing as the big bodied full back when this isnā€™t playing a role to his strengths. Apart from 2-3 games where he was outplayed by the monster full forward, BZT was rarely beaten all year. Heā€™s a really decent player. Youā€™ll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daddy forgot to rebuild him after breaking him down.

I was told we wouldn't miss Duursma but my eyes and heart are saying otherwise.

Was always going to find form and quickly once he got fit again and gained some confidence back. Still young with so much potential to be a really good player. I'm happy for him that he's gone elsewhere because I don't think he was ever going to reach his potential at Port.

BZT was the worst defender because he was playing out of position for him. He was playing as the big bodied full back when this isnā€™t playing a role to his strengths. Apart from 2-3 games where he was outplayed by the monster full forward, BZT was rarely beaten all year. Heā€™s a really decent player. Youā€™ll see.
Arguably, all our tall defenders are this player. We are playing Aliir (an AA in BZT's role) out of position to accommodate. He'll have to play as the primary key at some point and probably look every bit the potato he did last year.

Meanwhile we'll look to trade out talent to address our self-made wing deficiency.

Was always going to find form and quickly once he got fit again and gained some confidence back. Still young with so much potential to be a really good player. I'm happy for him that he's gone elsewhere because I don't think he was ever going to reach his potential at Port.
I'm sure there is something that could've changed at the club to allow Xavier to fulfil his potential.

Chill ... its just a few peeps who use that skewed stat to justify their point of view. By far the majority of us are happy to have him, have looked beyond the "reverse-Coleman nonsense, and see and like what he has to offer. We are just disappointed to lose Duursma who was much loved.

Full back is exactly where we've been playing him and he's been great. Essendon just suck defensively because your mids don't chase and that makes the job impossible for your defenders.

Oh come on, letā€™s not ruin a bagging of a Port player moment with sound logic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back