Welcome Pick #18 Xavier Duursma

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
And to think Macca19 and Butters Made Me Do It both said and I quote from the podcast
"Cant believe we picked duursma he is literally the worst player of all time fold the club"
Shame.
Fk off Duursma... Haha..
They do an awesome job and it's mandatory draft listening, and the drinks were flowing.. but everytime Duursma does well that's my first thought..
😎

He seems to be getting better with every game. Right now would be second or third in the rising star behind Walsh and maybe Smith.

shewho

Club Legend
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
Would have to have the biggest tank of any first year player we've ever had at the club at AFL level.
Maybe. People here seem to forget how incredible Nick Stevens was in his first year and how much running he did as an 18 year old.

Duurs is right up there with Stevens though. And that’s a very good thing talent wise (not so good for the girlfriend).

DazalenkoUBewty

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team, Port Maggies

robbo1981

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Absolutely love this kid ****en machine my old man compares him to micheal tuck. Does have that wirerly look about him.
Runs all day both ways gutsy as and skills are improving each week.
Think he has been the best of the rookies to this point but connor has the higher ceiling and has been amazing aswell.

DazalenkoUBewty

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team, Port Maggies
Absolutely love this kid ****en machine my old man compares him to micheal tuck. Does have that wirerly look about him.
Runs all day both ways gutsy as and skills are improving each week.
Think he has been the best of the rookies to this point but connor has the higher ceiling and has been amazing aswell.
Like... Although, I have him and Conner side by side at this point.
If I had to, I'd probably just inch Conner ahead at this point.

Doctor Feel

****poster In Chief
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I wonder how he would have gone with the time trial vs. Kane once he matures and if Kane was still around.

I dont think anything came out about his results but I expect next year he'll be close to the front. Clurey is a machine though.

Still, there is such a thing as running fit vs. Match fit, and Duursma is insanely match fit.

I love how he finds himself forward for goals. Those goals are off the back of pure hard work and burning his opponent to get into space.

I bet he is an absolute nightmare to match up on. Polec absolutely hated it.

Schulzenfest

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
I dont think anything came out about his results but I expect next year he'll be close to the front. Clurey is a machine though.

Still, there is such a thing as running fit vs. Match fit, and Duursma is insanely match fit.
Yep. Kornes, Clurey, Colquhoun etc were supremely fit but they were never quick. Duursma is both. One might say that he has a unique blend of speed and endurance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would have to have the biggest tank of any first year player we've ever had at the club at AFL level.
absolutely, he would have to be setting records for distance covered by a 1st year player as he isnt to far away from Scully's record of all-time distance covered in a game, at to that he is absolutely fearless attacking the ball

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Moderator #699
Some of our more historical posters would remember Sturt century goal kicker of the 1970s Ken Whelan. He also did ballet as a young un and attributed that to his athleticism, including a huge leap and ability to land on his feet after grabbing one of his soaring marks.

Top Bottom