Welcome Pick #18 Xavier Duursma

smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Some of our more historical posters would remember Sturt century goal kicker of the 1970s Ken Whelan. He also did ballet as a young un and attributed that to his athleticism, including a huge leap and ability to land on his feet after grabbing one of his soaring marks.

Saw Ken play .. well bugger me, never knew he was into ballet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I was at a game at Unley where he kicked 10 goals on us.

Duursma doesn't have quite that spectacular leap (or at least he hasn't ripped one out yet) but he can take a big pack mark.
Time will tell, but geez, I think everyone likes his work rate and his hard at it attitude. He is going to be a good player for Port.

OneGreatClub

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Some of our more historical posters would remember Sturt century goal kicker of the 1970s Ken Whelan. He also did ballet as a young un and attributed that to his athleticism, including a huge leap and ability to land on his feet after grabbing one of his soaring marks.

I see an opportunity here.
The PAFC Scool of Ballet under the direction of Li Cunxin.
4CC4C10D-80DE-4948-ACD4-7ADFBA82FD84.jpeg
D1E19BCF-2F23-4D65-9B63-5C8D2C870E70.jpeg

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wow Duursma highest kilometres of anyone on our list according to coach.
He has been amazing so far what a great pick up.
Wasn't to excited when we drafted him because the negatively from some respected posters on here but it is crazy to think he is only 11 games in.
Look foward to watching this kid for years to come hope the 3 boys sign on soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom