News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that publicly Ken is way too open.
He is not at all savvy in his communication with the media.
Commentators often refer to him as honest.
I know the club made a determination way back to be open and available because we wanted the media attention ( I reckon Kochie would have pushed that) but it is time for Ken to be more cunning with his replies and comments.
He gives the oppo and the media way too much ammunition.

I legitimately think Ken is just not that smart (not trying to be harsh here).

You can tell when someone asks him an awkward question that he's mumbling and bumbling his way to an answer. He often uses the same phrases week after week as well.

Just honestly don't think he's cut out for the top job.

He's a fraud.

My take is Ken went on the defensive about Duurs being 'managed' to shoehorn Sutcliffe into the side to tag Neale. Made it sound like he was dropped based off form in the aftermath of the absolute clusterf**k of what transpired to justify Sutcliffe's selection, instead of owning up in the moment. He realised what an error it was to leave him out when he clearly didn't need to be rested so made it sound as though there was more to it.
Agree. Since the line has already changed it feels like Ken panicked in the moment and just lied about Duursma.

Reckon he might be losing it.

I legitimately think Ken is just not that smart (not trying to be harsh here).

You can tell when someone asks him an awkward question that he's mumbling and bumbling his way to an answer. He often uses the same phrases week after week as well.

Just honestly don't think he's cut out for the top job.

He's a fraud.

It’s very clear from the way he speaks he is far from being smart, he’s an idiot. How he survived this long as senior coach reflects very poorly on KT who absolutely should be advising the board that he is a dud.

So Duursma was dropped, nah he was rested, nah he was dropped, nah he was rested, nah he was dropped. This has become bizarre.

My theory is that Ken tried to select Taylor Duryea. Upon being reminded he's not on our list, Ken panicked, forgot Duursma's name, and grabbed the player magnet closest to him. And that's the story of how Cam Sutcliffe was selected for his PAFC debut. Obviously this is bullsh*t, but it's as plausible as anything Ken has said so far.

The only logical conclusion i can draw is that he was dropped for disciplinary reasons and the club have decided to keep it under wraps. Otherwise the messaging from the coaches is bizarre.

Ken's comments are getting more and more Trump-y by the game. He'll probably be telling Mabior Chol to go back to his own country by the end of the week.
And here I was thinking Hinkley was just trying to get the team to lock the ball inside our forward 50 when I heard him chanting "build the wall"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that publicly Ken is way too open.
He is not at all savvy in his communication with the media.
Commentators often refer to him as honest.
I know the club made a determination way back to be open and available because we wanted the media attention ( I reckon Kochie would have pushed that) but it is time for Ken to be more cunning with his replies and comments.
He gives the oppo and the media way too much ammunition.
No no no. It is time for Ken to * off.

Never change young man. You are Port Adelaide through and through - tough, uncompromising, with self belief running through your veins. Don't let losers like Ken Hinkley and assorted media hacks bring you down. You will captain this club one day.

I'll be furious if Hinkley takes him to task over this. He should be encouraged to be true to himself. He shows great maturity for a kid his age by not letting comments from others get to him, ffs back him up.
I genuinely believe this is why Duursma was dropped last week. I would love to see him shoot that arrow right into the coaches box, or next week after hopefully scoring a goal, show ZERO emotion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back